Well I have seen all the movies,
and I was wondering.

Somewhere Jigsaw has a point right?
The people in his traps have always done something terrible (well except for the cops maybe), and they all CAN choose to live (well not in amanda's traps)!

I don't mean that his method was right,
but those people deserved it!
And live should be cherished at all times!

What do you guys/girls think, apart from my spelling?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
what? I've never seen 'em. What's his point? (Jigsaw's?)
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
yea u got a point the folk do deserve it

ok mayb not that extreme but yea
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
um, i don't think there is any way to justify doing what he did.

even if he did it to teach them a lesson, those traps can not possibly be justified.
I just watched the first 2 last night.
I kept on forgetting that he was the bad guy, since he does awful stuff to bad people.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Last edited by Ovenman at Jan 19, 2009,
He has a point indeed but he definitively used the wrong methods to help people.
Quote by bry0n
what? I've never seen 'em. What's his point? (Jigsaw's?)

he puts people who have done terrible things (killed people etc) in these traps, where they have to get out or die. getting out usely means doing what he says and getting a lot of pain. The point is to make them value live more, not only their own. (and maybe make them pay a little)
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
If by 'they deserve it', you mean the characters entirely fail to engage, or to make the audience want them to survive, then yes, they deserve it(and probably to be sodomised while it happens, too).
But that's more the fault of the writers, so they ought to be sodomised and killed instead.
The flaws and problems Jigsaw sees in humanity does not justify the use of terror to make a point.
last.fm[/url}
Do they really deserve it? In his opinion, they do, but in mine... I don't think so. Some of those are in his traps for pretty silly reasons. Jigsaw doesn't have the right to play God.
punk&metal wrote:

why would they star in a movie making fun of themselves

Subject: Spinal Tap.

Chill!
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
I can't handle horror movies

I don't think it's really horror, more of a thriller.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by Ovenman

I get scared very easily.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by TheStruction
Do they really deserve it? In his opinion, they do, but in mine... I don't think so. Some of those are in his traps for pretty silly reasons. Jigsaw doesn't have the right to play God.

if he hadn't put policemen who did nothing, I would have agreed with him.

Ofcourse... as in seven, he should have died in a trap himself for his crimes in the end, but he did kinda!
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
It is like trying to have an accurate discussion with the fundamental god worshippers.

There is a point you can clearly find in a human mind where someone can be just so far away from a measuring basis, that there is no point in bothering.

It is the same with socio or psychopaths - yes, you may say that the religious groups are not the same - I think you'll find lots of them are.

I'll take my chances.
That is only justifiable in the mind of a psychopath. So, no. Not that many of them didn't deserve to be punished, but that is not the way to go about it.
His point is that people don't realize how precious life is because they don't know when they're going to die - life only becomes important when one is about to be extinguished.

Yes, everyone in his traps is guilty of something or has a problem, more or less. His goal is to make them overcome their problem by giving them a life-or-death situation to deal with. If they succeed, they are worthy of the life they live because they appreciate the gift of life. If they fail, they are undeserving of their own life and they have rightly lost it.

The point to remember about Jigsaw, is that no matter how good of a point he has (I personally believe his ideas hold a lot of philosophical merit), he's crazy. He lost his son, his wife, and a timer has been placed on his life by cancer. His philosophy is warped because he forces it on others.

TLDR; his point is that if you really value your life, you should be willing to hurt yourself and overcome your flaws to continue to live it.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by TheStruction

This, Although I don't believe in God. But who is he to decide these peoples fate? Bad series by the way, I've only seen 1,2,3, but I can't stand them. I'm not really into the whole "shock the audience out of realizing the plot sucks" ploy.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Hanson are musical legends.

You watch your god damn mouth when talking about them.

Quote by TheQuailman

I mean, look at me. Can't even get an erection unless I strangle a goat.

It's Time To Be Immortal Cause Heros Never Die!
Quote by Metallicam
This, Although I don't believe in God. But who is he to decide these peoples fate? Bad series by the way, I've only seen 1,2,3, but I can't stand them. I'm not really into the whole "shock the audience out of realizing the plot sucks" ploy.

I absolutely dislike horror movies, purely for the sake that I am a pussy, but Riddler up there did really get me interested in these movies.
Quote by CaptainRon
So whose going to see the next 8 saw movies?

They said they're only doing 6.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
I get scared very easily.

BOO!

MogEdit:

FUUUUUUU-

Actually, I kinda got bored of Saw after 3. The first one is a classic though.
Quote by Ovenman

More of an excuse to show mindless violence.