so our bands vocalist decided to "quit" the other day via a text message, pretty much for senseless bull****. long story short, he quit a week before our first show, and being he didnt answer his phone all day, we hastily made arrangements to get another of our friends to come in and do vocals in his place. later that day, our old vox said 'well maybe i wont quit", and now we have a dilemma. our old vox has been kind of demanding and acts like he owns the band a lot of the times, and really is destracted with his ex-gf ( cuz hes a pussy), and really doesnt have the dedication or perserverance that our current vox has. hes also stated that he pretty much hates every member of the band, true or not, thats not cool. so do we:
A) not let him back in because hes being selfish, demanding, and just annoying. AND keep our new vox ( who thinks old vox should get a second chance) and pretend nothing happened.

or
B) tell old vox that if he really believes all the **** we've heard him say about him hating everyone and saying that we suck (we do, but its not the point) then there is no room for him in the band anymore, AND keep our new vox who could quite possible quit for no reason as he has done in the past.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
whose better?

whose less of a douche?

do you know someone who's better than both and not a douche?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Neither of them. A lack of commitment will lead to lots of problems for the band, and it the band don't get on as people, they won't get on as musicians so they won't progress.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Yes! Invite a third vocalist, and the tension willl be MAXIMIZED!
punk&metal wrote:

why would they star in a movie making fun of themselves

Subject: Spinal Tap.

Chill!
Is your band called Velvet Revolver by any chance?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
B ftw
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Dont let the original buy back in. Get the new one for now so you have one for the show at least. If he quits afterward just get another one.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
well new vox said he'd do the show, but demands that he "cant" write lyrics to 4-5 songs within our "9 days till show" deadline, so were prolly gonna cancel it unless we let old vox back in (who threatened to not play the show in the first place because he doesnt think we are good enough)

theres more to the story than what ive said, but it is very, very long and hard to understand without knowing who im talkin abüt
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Ditch the old guy, he sounds like an ass. Why are you even considering letting him back in?!? Why would you want to be in a band with a guy who claims he hates you?

You said the new guy has dedication and perseverance. He sounds pretty committed to me. But, you also said he could quit on you at anytime, so talk to him upfront, make sure he understands that you guys are serious and that he needs to be as well.

And why the hell would you schedule a show and need to write 4-5 songs before it??? Typically you schedule after you have material to play? Good luck with this

-Souls United
And why the hell would you schedule a show and need to write 4-5 songs before it??? Typically you schedule after you have material to play? Good luck with this

+1

Maybe you should push the show back until your actually ready.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Yeah. 4-5 songs in 9 days is pretty crazy. I'd say kick the old vox out permanently and do the best you can. See if the rest of you can write lyrics.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
use the old vox for the show, and then tell him he's done after that and use new vox
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX