So I was wondering if you guys could suggest a good amp for me to play pop-punk. I'm looking for a blink-182/Green Day/Sum 41, etc sound.

I currently have a Line 6 Spider III 15w

And I play a Mexican HSS Strat (Gonna put a high output pup in it soon)

I have a boss OS-2 (Overdrive/Distortion), so I'd probably jsut need an amp with good enough cleans.

I don't really care if it's a tube or ss amp, and I'm not gigging yet. I just need one loud enough to practice with a band.

Thanks =)
Quote by Andyrew004
So I was wondering if you guys could suggest a good amp for me to play pop-punk. I'm looking for a blink-182/Green Day/Sum 41, etc sound.

I currently have a Line 6 Spider III 15w

And I play a Mexican HSS Strat (Gonna put a high output pup in it soon)

I have a boss OS-2 (Overdrive/Distortion), so I'd probably jsut need an amp with good enough cleans.

I don't really care if it's a tube or ss amp, and I'm not gigging yet. I just need one loud enough to practice with a band.

Thanks =)

how much money you got? every pop-punker, including myself, jizzes over marshall jcm 900s
A peavey classic 30 nails pop-punk. You won't need a pedal and you won't need a high-output pickup.

And we need a budget.

Then again, if you don't have a budget a JCM900 or a Vox AC30 is good. I love an AC30 for pop-punk. Mesas (Dual Recto, Rectoverb, Tremoverb, F series, or Stiletto) are also excellent.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Jan 19, 2009,
speaking of mesa, damn were can you get one?! geez its imposibble to order even on guitarcenter.com
Uh...you have to buy them in stores.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Any tube Marshall will get you there perfectly. Used JCM 800's, 900's, and DSL/TSL series amps would do great. Also maybe a Peavey Valveking, Classic series, ect....depending on your budget
Well if you can afford it, get a Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier combo or a Rectoverb. If you can't afford that, get a JCM800 or JCM900. If you can't shell out cash for a Marshall, Peavey Classic 30's are good too. If you're on a really tight budget, Vox VT30's are alright amps.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
blink-182 - JCM900 / Triple Rectifier
Green Day - JCM800
Sum 41 - JCM2000 (I think)

Sounds like you'd want something British voiced though. Look into:

JCM800 - Both the one and two channel versions are great. They usually go for 800-1000$ on ebay, less if sold locally. Marshall's reissues suck though, and are overpriced. Go for ones made in the 80s. Also, if you go two channel, make sure it was made after 1986, pre '86 models have circuitry problems.

JCM900 - Not my favourite, but a lot of people swear by them. Blink used them. More modern sounding than the 800s, and you can probably find them for cheaper.

JCM2000 - Even more modern sounding. The DSL series are pretty good, and the TSL series tend to be pretty fizzy. I owned a DSL50 once and it was a great amp. It had an amazing clean channel, unlike most other Marshalls. I preferred the 800, so I went for that instead, but I wouldn't mind owning another DSL50 in the future.

Vox AC30 - Motion City uses these. Sounds pretty good for pop-punk, though it wouldn't be my first choice.

Orange Rockerverb - Sounds like a Marshall but better. Also much more expensive.

Traynor - This is a brand to look into. I think one of their combos is supposed to sound like a JCM800.

Blackheart - I can use my Little Giant with an MI Audio Crunch Box to get british sounding pop punk tones. It's a great combination, and combined price would still be less than a lot of other amps. Might not sound good enough at band volumes, but the Handsome Devil might work better for that. Also try it with a nice overdrive.