The problem in my band is that we have no modern songs. All the band agree we need to add more into the setlist. Here is what we currently know:

Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot
Green Day - Time Of Your Life
Green Day - American Idiot
Green Day - Basket Case
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode
Bryan Adams - Summer OF '69
Oasis - Wonderwall
Nickelback - How You Remind Me
Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
Razorlight - Golden Touch
Feeder - Buck Rodgers
The Feeling - Love It When You Call
An Original

We have an original and are in the process of writing more, but do you have any suggestions of songs that are more modern that an audience would know.

Thanks In Advance,
KieronC07

PS. Our band is a indie/rock band if that helps.
Whats the actual problem, unless you're playing for 8 year olds, most people have probably heard a lot of those songs.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Modern songs???

Over half look modern to me. The others are classics that people will like too.

But, as the previous poster said, you should probably add in some songs that aren't quite as popular or less played on the radio. A combination of popular songs and some not-as-popular songs along with 2-3 originals should make a good setlist.
Last edited by Souls United at Jan 19, 2009,
My band is thinking about doing a cover of 'Kevin Rudolf Ft Lil Wayne's: Let It Rock' Minus the crap rapping part though, not well known atm, but its one plenty of music channels so some people should hear it (Y) we've also done ultraviolet by stiff dylans, its the soundtrack to Angus, thongs and perfect snogging, so its well known (Y)

hope i helped
Schecter Sunset Custom FR
ESP LTD Ex-50
Vox VT50
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Macbook Pro, Alesis GuitarLink, Logic Studio 9
AvAHixson: Thanks It Did

Others: I understand what you mean by that. sorry if i was vague but i meant more newer songs ie 2007+ (i realise some are from 2007).

KieronC07
Play Mr. Brightside, by The Killers. The audience will love this song, because it´s fairly well known, and also great. You could try "Somebody told me" by them, too.
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Perhaps the pretender by the foo fighters? In my area it still is a huge hit amongst bands to cover.
What about some RHCP? The killers as others have mentioned, check out "Read my mind" as well as the others mentioned, Play some libertines (not "current" but freakin good), Some more razorlight, the kooks, franz ferdinand, that sort of thing usually goes down well. Arctic monkeys? Some white stripes? Some of their songs can be arranged for band and sound pretty sweet.
Last edited by ChrisBG at Jan 19, 2009,
Here are some modern songs;

Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down
It's Not My Time - 3 Doors Down
The Pretender - Foo Fighters
DOA - Foo Fighters
So Happy - Theory of a Deadman
Bad Girlfriend - Theory of a Deadman
Drift & Die - Puddle Of Mudd
Control - Puddle of Mudd
Psycho - Puddle of Mudd
3's and 7's - Queens of The Stone Age