Poll: Which pedal?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which pedal?
Boss DD-7
14 54%
HardWire DL-8
12 46%
Voters: 26.
Should I buy the Boss DD-7 or the HardWire DL-8? The most obvious advantage I see to the DL-8 is true bypass and has an 8 second delay feature, but it only has a 20 second loop time, whereas the DD-7 has 40 seconds loop but only 6.4 second delay. I don't want the Carbon Copy because I'm looking for a pedal that has a looping feature. Thanks
Æ
Last edited by bluethunder2512 at Jan 19, 2009,
*caugh*carboncopyanyways*caugh*itsamazing*caugh*howoftenwillyoureallyusetheloopfeature*caugh*
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
*cough*youspelledcoughwrong*cough* I want the looping feature because I don't get a chance to play with other guitarists often, and I want to be able to solo on top of something. Plus tap tempo is necessary for me, I used to have the DD-3 and thought it was annoying having to fiddle with the dials til I got the delay time I wanted.
Æ
damit... and fair enough but i can't vouch for the difference between those. it seems to me that doubling the loop time is worth the 1.2 seconds less of delay. i can't see myself needing 8 seconds of delay. but 40 seconds of loop sounds like enough to practice a solo or a lead part to a verse or chorus over.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
^ Seconded

Bar one or two instrumental, ambient post-rock bands I've almost never heard delay anywhere near 8 seconds (or for that matter even 6.4 seconds) long being used - there's a reason most delays are a second or less.

That said, 20 seconds is plenty of time to get a good chord sequence in for soloing over.

But overall I'd say it's better to lean on the side of the extra looping time.
Ya thats what i was thinking too. I dont think true bypass is that big of a deal, and the optional external footswitch seems like its a must for such a useful feature like tap tempo, and the hardwire doesnt have it
Æ
dd-7 no question

for pretty much everything you've stated
-the tap tempo footswitch is really nifty (my fs-5u is coming in the mail sometime this week)
-40 seconds of looping is 10 times better than 20, imo
-it has all the delay/delay options you'll ever need

truly an underrated pedal in my opinion
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by bluethunder2512
Should I buy the Boss DD-7 or the HardWire DL-8? The most obvious advantage I see to the DL-8 is true bypass and has an 8 second delay feature, but it only has a 20 second loop time, whereas the DD-7 has 40 seconds loop but only 6.4 second delay. I don't want the Carbon Copy because I'm looking for a pedal that has a looping feature. Thanks

Do you know how long 6.4 seconds is? You won't be needing anymore than probably 1.0 -1.5 seconds if you're playing at normal tempos.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by acdclandon
dd-7 no question

for pretty much everything you've stated
-the tap tempo footswitch is really nifty (my fs-5u is coming in the mail sometime this week)
-40 seconds of looping is 10 times better than 20, imo
-it has all the delay/delay options you'll ever need

truly an underrated pedal in my opinion

Nice math.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Im biased, but the DD7.

Its the most practical delay i find, the dd20 is to much, but the dd7 is the only digital (bare the stereo memory man or a dl4) i would have in my rig. not to much i don't use, but i don;t feel strapped for features.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
ive decided on the DD-7, now i just need to convince my parents to let me spend my own money. Too bad its really expensive when you have to buy wires and power supply, then to get the most out of it buy the footswitch. o well
Æ
The tap tempo on the Hardwire's very easy to use, I ended up opting for the hardwire having played the DD-7 just because spending an extra 30 quid for the external tap tempo seemed unnecessary. Functionality wise they're both loaded.
Quote by Genghis_khan
Boss Dd-20.

+1
Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra
Ibanez RG5ERX1
Fender MIM Telecaster
Fender Acoustic
Fender Supersonic Combo
Boss TU-2 / CS-3 / DD-20 / Vox Satchurator / Hardwire CR-7 / Vox Big Bad Wah / ISP Decimator G-String
even tho the tap tempo is easy on the hardwire, u still have to turn delay off to use it (i heard). plus i want the 20 extra seconds of headroom for comps, considering thats what im mainly using the pedal for
Æ