I need a decent amp for practice because im tired of carrying my 75lb combo from practice to home so.....can anyone recommend one?

I dont really have a budget, but practice amps generally arent that expensive. All im looking for is a decent tone; no bells or whistles.

I play exclusively with a clean tone.
I know how you feel about taking amps between practices, its even worse with no lifts and a behringer
Orange Crush 35b
Warwick Blue Cab 30
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
bass microcube?
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
I use a Fender Rumble 15, that little guy sounds pretty good and is very portable.
I second the orange, maybe a small peavey, there always fun.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
0 watts is enough for bedroom practice
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
i know
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by grifff
Do you think 10 watts is enough for bedroom practice?

Depends, I'd say a bit more, but I don't think 10 watts would be a problem if you practice somewhat quietly.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I have the Kustom KBA16, it's my favourite by fair. It has a headphone input as well as a cd/tape input. The 4-band eq is really useful as well.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/kba16-16w/66736

it's $99.72 according to xe.com
I would go more than 10 watts maybe 20, just to give you a bit of punch.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
im thinking speaker size is more important than wattage
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by ScottB.
im thinking speaker size is more important than wattage

No, smaller than 10, preferably a 12" or 15".

playign unplugged sux's
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
No, smaller than 10, preferably a 12" or 15".

playign unplugged sux's

Did you mean...
Quote by fatgoogle
No smaller than 10, preferably a 12" or 15".

playign unplugged sux's

Or are you disagreeing?
Quote by guitarhero_764

The second one is what i meant. When i did my JC english higer paper, i left out all comma's and the like.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
You know if its for home, you may as well just get it, it might distort very quickly though.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
You know if its for home, you may as well just get it, it might distort very quickly though.

Ill play through it in the store, do they break down or anything like Behringers tend to do?

I have a 65 watt crate guitar amp and that thing is basically built like a tank, although the tone leaves much to be desired
do you need an amp at all?
have you thought about using a di box with headphones?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I have a Ibanez sondwave 65 for bedroom pratice, pretty good tone not too expensive either
Quote by shinhoman

x

If I got a DI box it would just be a Tech 21 bass driver so yes I have thought of this but im looking to spend less than 200 dollars.

but maybe it would give me more reason to buy one.....

How would it sound going from bass to driver to headphones?
Quote by grifff
If I got a DI box it would just be a Tech 21 bass driver so yes I have thought of this but im looking to spend less than 200 dollars.

but maybe it would give me more reason to buy one.....

How would it sound going from bass to driver to headphones?

depends on what bass and headphones you use, and what setting you have on the di.

x

EDIT: ok here is a non-dickhead answer:
if you get decent headphones it should sound great.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
It's just practice, so really anything on this page that's not a Behringer would be just fine. I think the Acoustic B10 is probably the loudest of the sub-$100 amps, and the Peavey MAX 158 will probably have the best tone.

If you're looking to go a bit bigger, the same rules apply...just stay away from Behringer and Marshall, and you'll be fine. If you can afford it, the Roland bass cube is an awesome practice amp. It even had a built-in drum machine and decent effects to work with, in addition to being able to run on batteries.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Micro-Cube-Bass-RX-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=483095
Nope, no sig here.
best practice amp in the world is a Gorilla GB30. if you spot one on evilbay get it straight away. you won't regret it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Gorilla / Pignose, despite their less than ideal website, does have some rather nice gear. I had a rather love / hate relationship with mine (back into love territory now). If you ever have to get parts or something fixed they are great--I got replacement parts for my battery amp for Free--yes for Free. Plus like Orange, they have a great vintage look.
If you are ok with the crate in the store it should do fine. My first amp was a crate 15 watter. Not a great amp tonally but I will say that it's taken a serious beating in it's time and still works perfectly after about 6 years.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
^ THIS ^

Sounds highly ideal, the only reason I don't want to do this is because I don't want to buy another amp.

DI-ing into some software with effects emulators or w/e sounds good.
Get that famous one.. the red bean shaped one...

ed:Wrong page /face palm

meant this

Quote by shinhoman

x
Last edited by jimm, ey? at Jan 20, 2009,