I've noticed a lot of bassists using the Ibanez Weeping Demon as a wah. What would that sound like? I maybe in the market for a wah soon, and would probably looking for some sort of high gain wah. I know the Weeping Demon is like that for a guitar, but would that translate over to bass? Also, any over comments on the wah would be greatly appreciated!
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
It is built at a bass pedal as well, with a switch to quickly change to bass range, as well as a knob under the bit you rock that can further adjust the range of the sweep.

I absolutely loved it. Best wah I have ever played with, and incredibly adjustable. So adjustable I can imagine it only not being a great pedal to have if you happen to have 3 or 4 boutique wahs to cover every wah sound around.

I want it, but I need to start saving money for uni.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by fleajr_1412
I've noticed a lot of bassists using the Ibanez Weeping Demon as a wah

Really? I didn't know of any, other than gm jack. I know it works on bass, so there's got to be some bassists out there who use it, but almost every bassist I know of uses either a Crybaby, a Morley, or a Snarling Dogs
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
jack you don't need to save for uni. thats what your loan is for and hell i just blew £900 of my loan because i could
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Thanks for your help guys. Does anyone know whether it can give a sort envelope filter type quality (I know it can't exactly, but it's the best way I can put it) as well as a high gain screaming sound?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
This I don't know, but I have both the Bootsy and the 105Q on my pedalboard (believe that shit) and the Bootsy is basically a guitar wah spec'd for bass (like it should be) while the 105Q is pretty much an envelope filter with a manual control and a low-pass filter.

It's not used by that many bassists, if you use it, make sure you die young. That way, it'll be the BEST bass effect EVER and everyone will use it because it was so amazing all along
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by kugelspot
Really? I didn't know of any, other than gm jack. I know it works on bass, so there's got to be some bassists out there who use it, but almost every bassist I know of uses either a Crybaby, a Morley, or a Snarling Dogs

I don't own it. I simply want it, but have 6 years of uni to save up for. I have tried it many times though, and the best thing it had in it's favour was extreme adjustability. Unless you are a regular wah user and can seriously evaluate the tone of a wah beyond the obvious, it is brilliant. Any more, and I am unable to say. However, it sounds good, has hundreds of sounds in store and responded very well to a distorted signal.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1