Hey,
I've owned my Epiphone Special 2 for about 7 months now, and it's been a pretty good guitar. I run it through a Zoom G2.1u effects pedal and a crappy 10W Epiphone practice amp. I've been able to get some good sounds from this pretty cheap, basic set up.

But recently the sound coming from it has changed for the worse. The treble seems to have increased and it doesn't sound as deep and powerful as it did.

One night I adjusted the action on the guitar but it sounded fine. Then on the same night I banged the head off a wall and one of my friends was playing around with it.

The next morning I went to play it and it sounded like crap, just how I described. Could this be the guitar, the leads, the effects pedal or the amp? Please help.
Sounds like something's been adjusted and altered the tone, whether on purpose or not.

Check your pickup isn't raised too high on the treble side or that your bridge isn't set too low on the high E side. Check your EQ, etc etc.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Sounds like something's been adjusted and altered the tone, whether on purpose or not.

Check your pickup isn't raised too high on the treble side or that your bridge isn't set too low on the high E side. Check your EQ, etc etc.

The bridge pickup seems to stick out more if that's what you're talking about. I don't know if it has always been like that or not.
lower the treble?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by superpedobear
The bridge pickup seems to stick out more if that's what you're talking about. I don't know if it has always been like that or not.
Well that could well be it then. Try lowering your bridge pickup to where it was before, or if you can't remember where it was before, just lower it until the top of it is a couple of millimetres above the mounting rings.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Well that could well be it then. Try lowering your bridge pickup to where it was before, or if you can't remember where it was before, just lower it until the top of it is a couple of millimetres above the mounting rings.

I have no idea how to go about doing that haha. Could you please link me to something that might explain it?
I've checked EQs and that and it's all normal.
I might ask my friend if I can borrow his amp to try it with. Because I think it seems quite likely that it is an amp problem.