i have a Line 6 Spider III 15 and apparently you can record directly into a computer but you need a specific cable. does anyone know what its called and where to get it?
Quote by Vulcan12
i have a Line 6 Spider III 15 and apparently you can record directly into a computer but you need a specific cable. does anyone know what its called and where to get it?

ebay
Like it was said in the Pit, I wouldn't recommend a Line 6 for recording anything.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Thank you ghold125. and right now ive only been playing for 6-7 months im not gonna get another amp yet. still working on a new guitar.
Quote by Ghold125
^fail...don't judge a company based on just one branch of their products

I have one.

Recording one didn't end well.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Get a 1/4 to 1/8 cable. 1/4 side plugs into amp output, and the 1/8 plugs into your computar.
I leik music
how about line.com or reading the manual??

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
all you need is a 1/4 - 1/8 aux cord, you can get these at walmart, its just like a cord with 2 ends that look like headphone cords.
You plug the large end into the "headphone/direct out" on your amp
And the other end goes to the LINE IN on your computer, (so not the green or pink one) usually black or blue.

hope you figure it out
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
Last edited by Josher.K at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by PlayMadness
Like it was said in the Pit, I wouldn't recommend a Line 6 for recording anything.

LMAO

Listen to the recording's in my profile (not Falling Apart, but the other two.. )They were done with the same amp he's talking about.

Also you don't need a special cable, just a regular guitar cable and a 1/4 to 1/8 converter (you can find these at Radioshack)
Quote by PlayMadness
I have one.

Recording one didn't end well.

what hes saying is dont judge the whole company by their spider amps.
take a look at their other ****,
you said you wouldn't reccomend line 6 for recording... judging the whole company.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
Line 6 spiders sound digital.

No chimey cleans.

Can't tell notes apart on insane.

Crunch sounds dull.

That better?
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Line 6 spiders sound digital.

No chimey cleans.

Can't tell notes apart on insane.

Crunch sounds dull.

That better?

Thats only if you use the presets. If you take the time to tweek your sound, you can get semi-decent tones out of it.
Quote by Souls United
Thats only if you use the presets. If you take the time to tweek your sound, you can get semi-decent tones out of it.

Mine broke before I could tweak it. Delay would not turn off, no matter what I did. And it wasn't that mellow delay, it was annoying, fcpremix delay. I sold it $35.00
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Mine broke before I could tweak it. Delay would not turn off, no matter what I did. And it wasn't that mellow delay, it was annoying, fcpremix delay. I sold it $35.00

the 15 watt doesn't have delay... =\

the 75 watt and higher ones have delay and they actually have presets that sound pretty good

i hate people bashing line 6 for no reason. lolz
Quote by Souls United
the 15 watt doesn't have delay... =\

the 75 watt and higher ones have delay and they actually have presets that sound pretty good

i hate people bashing line 6 for no reason. lolz

Yes it does. It has tape echo...
Last edited by AcousticLesPaul at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Yes it does. It has tape echo...

oh lolz

delay is a seperate thing on the higher ones. tape echo is a weird thing i never use, so that would suck to get it stuck on...