I wanna stretch my knowledge in creating and composing music. Anyone know any good composing books?
Can you read music? If not, the first step is to learn. The second is to pick up a few good textbooks on music theory; harmony and counterpoint especially. I strongly recommend Piston's Harmony.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Jan 19, 2009,
I like 'The Fundamentals of Musical Composition' by Arnold Schoenberg, but be forewarned, it deals exclusively with form and development. Not harmony or counterpoint, both of which you should study whether you are going to compose much or not.
No problem. I actually have access to very nearly every book ever written in my campus library. If you can be a bit more specific about your level of knowledge and exactly what you want, I can look through a few of them to get an idea of which would be best for you.

The Fundamentals of Musical Composition' by Arnold Schoenberg

Ah! Thank you for reminding me about that book. I'll have to check it out of the library.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Jan 19, 2009,
Schoenbergs and pistons stuff is pretty hard, I'm not sure what T/S's skill level is. You're probably better finding some simple classical melody books. Well, if we're talking about advanced books, try Kent Kennans stuff and William Russo has some good jazz stuff.

Annie O Warburton and William Lovelock write some good ones. They're actually heaps of them and most of them are simply called "melody writing." Go to your local library and search for them.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.