Page 1 of 4
Wasn't sure whether to necrobump the other thread; most of it consisted of frog-bashing and talk of UG Black. In any case, Gorod, French tech death, a track of which is on my radio playlist this week (plug plug plug). They actually have... well, riffs! Tunes! Catchiness! Lack of sweeps! It's awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/gorod
Their latest news on their site was in 2007, so I'm not entirely sure, but Neurotripsicks is good enough for me at the moment. Can't get enough of GOOOOOOROOOOOOOOD *fill*
This band are awesome, but leading vision has an atrocious album cover.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
I'm really digging these guys, anyone see the deathfest on their page? Even though it happened in 2008, it sure would've been nice to go to.

But, i'll surely give these guys another listen
Damn they're awesome!

But why do they have jazz in their genre? I don't hear any jazz influence.
It's not bad, I'd listen once in a while. I can't remember if I checked 'em last time, but to be honest I'm starting to forget some bands for whom I even own physical copies of albums. I'll give them a few shots on myspace before deciding to pursue them or not.

UG Black is superior to France.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
chronicles from the stone age is so far my fav by them despite of me loathing the song name for some reason...
YES! Keep this thread alive. Great band. A breath of fresh air from all this other current tech-death crap... Leading Vision is such a sick album, can't wait for a new one!
Last edited by GREENWARRI0R at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by destroy_techno
Well, we've heard this new song, but still good.. Nice with vocals

I look forward to them actually releasing something

I've heard the new album will be out in June, so not too far away

and yes, the new song is great.
One of the best death metal bands I've ever heard. I haven't heard a single song by them that doesn't include some section that induces uncontrollable headbangingness, seems like very mosh-worthy tech death.

I listened to their disco a few weeks ago, made me interested in this kind of stuff again after being dissapointed with Obscura's new one
^ +1.

really enjoying the new track. leading vision will be hard to top, but gorod are on their way!
But why do they have jazz in their genre? I don't hear any jazz influence.

Not much in the first album but a fair bit in 'Leading Vision'. Just listen to 'Thirst for Power' and you'll see what I mean. They're not in your face jazzy like some bands but clear jazz influence.

Oh and this band absolutely pwnzar. Another of my favorite french death metal bands.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Damn, this is really good. I'll have to look into these guys some more.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
This band is epically awesome. Anybody love the little gypsy part at the end of Hidden Genocide?
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
I prefer Leading Vision to Neurotripsticks although the song 'Gorod' cannot be beat. Who knows what the new one will bring!

GOOOOOOOOORRRRRROOOOODDD!!! NO ESCAPE!!!
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Best intro ever.

GOOOOOROOOOOOOOODDDDD

Seriously, the first album is under-rated.
Also, finally got round to listening to the new song. Really, really cool, the vocals complement it perfectly; sounded a bit flat on the youtube video but my mind is changed.
^^^
Agreed, vocals are great, the track as a whole is awesome.

The new albums supposed to drop before the summer, right?
That little melodic tapping part in the new song = orgasm.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
The song 'Gorod' is a masterpiece.

The solo is my favourite of all time.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Listenable signed them a few days ago, giving me another reason to fucking love Listenable. Hopefully they'll get some decent distribution now.
Does anyone know if they'll come to London soon?
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
HANDS DOWN, the best technical death metal band (this coming from a very big tech death fan)

they aren't just guitar wankery, their songs have a level of depth and a good flow, and dont get broing at all
Page 1 of 4