I'm about ready to start my build but I need help with the way the bodys made I can't find any instructions on how the caviries work and how I am supposed to do them.

Im really confused
holy crap i winz you chose my body shape...unfortunately i can't explain it to you
Oh Hey look at my signature
Quote by BlackDog55
holy crap i winz you chose my body shape...unfortunately i can't explain it to you

I think a solid body talmen would look cool if you were serious.
damn you must really like me first i winz now you are thinking about electrifying my talman damn I'm sending you a friend request
Oh Hey look at my signature
If you dont wanna use a top like that, you can route everything from the back for the controls, and drill tunnels between the cavities. Depending on what body style your using. Routing for a Strat or Tele is much eaiser than routing something without a top plate/wood top.What body style/control setup are you planning on doing?
1st)
if your routing out fig 1 on the back of your wood (guitar body), then be prepared to make covers for these holes.
basically,
fig 1 is where all of your componants will sit inside your guitar, the controls and wires of which you wont be able to see,
and fig 2 is what you will see of these controls when you have finished the build.
ie, the 2 bigger, rectangular shapes are were your pickups will face the strings and the 3 holes are where the shafts of your volume/tone pots will come through the body.
just route from the back. That's the simplest way to do what you're asking. If you're using a laminated-on top, then you could do it as fig.1 then glue fig.2 onto it. Otherwise, you have to rear-route like most Gibsons
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by qotsa1998
If you dont wanna use a top like that, you can route everything from the back for the controls, and drill tunnels between the cavities. Depending on what body style your using. Routing for a Strat or Tele is much eaiser than routing something without a top plate/wood top.What body style/control setup are you planning on doing?

Something like a SG
Well, then route a cavity so that all your pots/switch/jack will fit, then route your pickup holes. Drill a hole between the pickup holes, then drill a hole thru the lower right corner of your pickup route to the control cavity, so all your wires and stuff can fit and be threaded to the control cavity. Altho you might wanna find something like an electric screwdriver/drill thing, or maybe a Dremel, something small, so you can drill the tunnels.
Quote by qotsa1998
Well, then route a cavity so that all your pots/switch/jack will fit, then route your pickup holes. Drill a hole between the pickup holes, then drill a hole thru the lower right corner of your pickup route to the control cavity, so all your wires and stuff can fit and be threaded to the control cavity. Altho you might wanna find something like an electric screwdriver/drill thing, or maybe a Dremel, something small, so you can drill the tunnels.

THANK YOU!! this gave me my answer! I need to add you.