I just got given Cubase and was using it quite a bit yesterday, just trying it out. But later, i registered it (because it said I had to otherwise I could only use it for a month) and after it was registered it started ****ing up. I opened it, and this error came up before it opened. It said:

[B]ASIO Direct Sound Full Duplex Driver[/B]

The currently installed soundcard driver does not support Direct Sound Input. Recording audio is not possible.

But I had already recorded audio before? And after this happened, I opened it again and a different error came up say something else, and i did what it said and it started working again. But now it's not working again. If you can help that would be much appreciated (if this made any sense)
Oh yeah, I haven't tried it on the laptop. But I'll be real pissed off if i cant use it on this computer.
Oh, I assumed it was stolen, too, when you said it was given to you. The internet is notorious for that kind of stuff.
I may be mistaken but try going into device setup, then go into vst multitrack and then change your asio driver to the asio direct x driver. I think i had the same problem as you and doing this fixed it.
Quote by dont_cry789
I may be mistaken but try going into device setup, then go into vst multitrack and then change your asio driver to the asio direct x driver. I think i had the same problem as you and doing this fixed it.

Yeah, that's how I fixed it first, but now I can't do that anymore for some reason.
Do you mean that the option for the direct x driver doesn't appear anymore or what?
Well the first time I fixed it, i had to check the box for the Input driver or something but now Input apparently doesn't exist, because when I go to the device setup it just has the outputs.
Oh wait, sorry dont_cry, i was thinking abouta different thing than you, it already is on ASIO directx driver.
Maybe it's something specific to the version your using. I've never used LE4 before so I'm not to sure. Sorry