Hear me out on this, I have a cunning plan. Although it comes with high hopes.

I know most of the music industry probably makes most of it's money on things other than album and single sales these days, but with the amount of illegal downloading going on, if the music industry got in a state where it wasn't worth carrying on business on the little profit, it could disappear. Could that get rid of all the business men involved in the music industry and make way for some really honestly enthusiastic musicians who just want to produce good music?

OK, so it's not much of a cunning plan, more of just a thought of something that would never happen.

But if the music industry miraculously became unprofitable, do you think it would make the way for talented and passionate musicians?

If so, should we devise a plan to bring down the music industry and start over again. :P
I want Simon Cowell alive!
No because even as a musician, you still want to be paid.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
i think it could, but most money would have to be made from gigs and televised events and stuff
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
what he said
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by ljpfahey
Hear me out on this, I have a cunning plan. Although it comes with high hopes.

I know most of the music industry probably makes most of it's money on things other than album and single sales these days, but with the amount of illegal downloading going on, if the music industry got in a state where it wasn't worth carrying on business on the little profit, it could disappear. Could that get rid of all the business men involved in the music industry and make way for some really honestly enthusiastic musicians who just want to produce good music?

OK, so it's not much of a cunning plan, more of just a thought of something that would never happen.

But if the music industry miraculously became unprofitable, do you think it would make the way for talented and passionate musicians?

If so, should we devise a plan to bring down the music industry and start over again. :P
I want Simon Cowell alive!

wat
if that did happen the government would have to do something about torrents. again, it would never happen.
can you say 'bail-out'?

anybody see the Daily Show today/last night? every suit and his grandma is asking for taxpayer bucks
Quote by Joetime
Every time I masturbate it feels like I'm committing a small scale infanticide. Feels cool.
When I make my first full-length album, it will be available as a free download. Music shouldn't cost anything in the digital realm. Shows should. And LPs should.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by ljpfahey
OK, so it's not much of a cunning plan

Shut up Baldrick.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92
Shut up Baldrick.

It isn't as cunning as a cunning fox appointed professor of cunning at Oxford University, now is it?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
we need a way to make music impossible to illegally download.. dont know how but we have to find a way!

artists deserve to be paid for there music too. i love playing music, but you cant forget that the music industry is business. without getting paid well, the music industry could dwindle down to just local distribution. music take lots of money for production, distribution, and paying for great shows. just pyro effects take tens of thousands of dollars. artists are doing a service and deserve to get paid just as much as say a restaraunt or hotel
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Needs must when the devil vomits into your kettle, eh?
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
There's already good music being produced today. You just aren't looking hard enough.
It was a graveyard smash.
Quote by dgme92
Needs must when the devil vomits into your kettle, eh?

If you have three beans and add a fourth... how many beans do you have?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
haha

Oh no, don't get me wrong there's great music being made, but then the rest of the industry is just full of people being pimped out to make money. I'm talking about the bad side of the industry.
Quote by Demon Wolf
If you have three beans and add a fourth... how many beans do you have?

Some beans.

Now I've got my lovely fire I'm happy as a Frenchman who's invented a pair of self-removing trousers.
Quote by Fishyesque

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
If the music industry collapsed and wasn't making money....then Apple with its iTunes would become even bigger than Google.
If you try to correct me
I will become alot more wise and insightful than you can possibly imagine.
If the music industry started to collapse because of illegal downloading I think it would adapt rather than die off. For some it's all about the money, they'll disappear. For those who are in it for music, they'll stay, they'll lose money, maybe they won't be able to afford a second lambo but they'll make enough to make a living. Imagine how much traffic iTunes would get if all the downloads would be free, how much money do you think they could then make off advertisements if they added them in? Could they pay the artists, producers, etc enough so they could make a living (depending on how much traffic their product attracted)? Any big artist could still do fairly well. It would probably be easier for smaller artists to get their tunes out to the public too.