ok so yesterday i was playing my guitar on my amp (Peavey Classic 30) and every time i strummed a bass note, on the low e string, it made a loud staticy sound... now i did not have distortion on or anything so i was just wondering what the problem is and how to fix it?

thanks!
RAW POWER
tried both of my guitars, an Epiphone les paul custom and a ****ty Cort G Series and it still had the static
RAW POWER
could be your cable you have to use a different cable to check that though, could be your pickups but you have to get someone to check the wiring if you don't know how, or it could be your amp which would also have to be checked by someone who knows how to check, i would suggest checking the cable
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
A Classic 30 is a tube amp... Staticy fuzz-out can occur at particular pitches as a result of your tubes going out...

Obviously the first thing to try is different cables, playing with the connection point on both the guitar and the amp, then try a different guitar.... Ultimately if none of this works it's something to do with the amp. If you're not actually losing signal (the guitar is still coming through) but there's static around things then it's probably just time for new tubes (power amp, preamp tubes should be good for nearly a decade, even under hard use).
thanks guys!

ill try playing with different cables and radiomuse ive had the amp for about 2 months so could it even be possible that the amps tubes have died that fast?
RAW POWER
could be bum tubes, i dont have a tube but everything else has the bad egg of the bunch, it might have happened to you
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
ok well it is not the cords or my guitar so something is obvously wrong with the amp..

its weird though because if i put it at like a volume of 1 or so it doesnt make the sound, but if i put it past 3 it does :S...
RAW POWER