Page 1 of 2
i got the new aluminum 15" macbook for xmas, and im lookin for a great game to play. I want something i can play in multiplayer thats really fun and addictive. i already own starcraft and COD 2....anything else thats good? im not really into WOW...and i kno a mac isnt that great for gaming, but the new macbook has a new intel processor that is 5X faster than old macbooks. so i shouldnt have a problem with gaming, plus i have 140GB to use up.
any suggestions?
COD 4 is mint.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

world of warcraft
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
if you have dvd-rom get "Spore" it is freaking addicting
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by ASIsustainiac06
i got the new aluminum 15" macbook for xmas, and im lookin for a great game to play. I want something i can play in multiplayer thats really fun and addictive. i already own starcraft and COD 2....anything else thats good? im not really into WOW...and i kno a mac isnt that great for gaming, but the new macbook has a new intel processor that is 5X faster than old macbooks. so i shouldnt have a problem with gaming, plus i have 140GB to use up.
any suggestions?

That was actually the first thing I was going to suggest, that game is...lengendary.

maybe Halo? or Diablo? I have a mac as well, but I've honestly never really looked into games for it, those are the only other games that I know for sure are mac compatible (besides the 2 that you have already)...
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
guitar hero 3?
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Battlefield 2!!! 10,000,000 times better than counterstrike.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by eteam_sammy4him
if you have dvd-rom get "Spore" it is freaking addicting
Whatever you do, DON'T BUY IT! I'm not promoting pirating, but that game (and a bunch of other new EA games) is "infected" with SecuROM v7 which can seriously mess up your computer (it has been rumoured to even disable the burn-function on cd/dvd-burners rendering them useless for anything but reading).
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Unreal Tournament 2004. I know it's old, but it's bloody amazing. I don't think any more recent versions are available for Mac. Alternatively, if you're all up on your torrents and shiz, you can get ports of most big games, like I just wasted most of my evening playing Half Life 2 on my Mac even though it was never officially released for that platform.

the 15" MBP Al is about as good as you're gonna get in a laptop, and I am in no way jealous. Okay maybe a little.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by SinnaSatan
Whatever you do, DON'T BUY IT! I'm not promoting pirating, but that game (and a bunch of other new EA games) is "infected" with SecuROM v7 which can seriously mess up your computer (it has been rumoured to even disable the burn-function on cd/dvd-burners rendering them useless for anything but reading).

What he said
I already got screwed with SecuROM (not with v7 thank god) with World in Conflict. Be very careful what you buy.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Fear.

Wait until midnight. Turn off your lights. Put on your headphones and start playing. You will piss your pants.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by metaldud536
Team Fortress 2!

Quote by darkstar2466
Fear.

Wait until midnight. Turn off your lights. Put on your headphones and start playing. You will piss your pants.

These!

MC name = Bearrorism
haha thanks. another alternative is i could partition my hard drive and install microsoft vista or XP on it so i can play any computer game...the only problem is the last time i tried to install microsoft, i ended up erasing the Mac OSX Leopard and not even getting XP installed, so i had a blank HD....and i was forced to reinstall Leopard and re-transfer all my music/files...etc. i dont wanna do that anymore, so should i try it again? or just stick to mac games? cus i also have a wii, and i am considering buying COD:world at war for the wii. so should i stick with the wii for gaming? or should i buy a game for my mac? if so, should i partition the HD or just stick to mac compatible games?
Mirror's Edge, Left 4 Dead
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by ASIsustainiac06
haha thanks. another alternative is i could partition my hard drive and install microsoft vista or XP on it so i can play any computer game...the only problem is the last time i tried to install microsoft, i ended up erasing the Mac OSX Leopard and not even getting XP installed, so i had a blank HD....and i was forced to reinstall Leopard and re-transfer all my music/files...etc. i dont wanna do that anymore, so should i try it again? or just stick to mac games? cus i also have a wii, and i am considering buying COD:world at war for the wii. so should i stick with the wii for gaming? or should i buy a game for my mac? if so, should i partition the HD or just stick to mac compatible games?

Guitars:
Jackson JS30KE Kelly
Jackson RRX10D
Fender Telecaster American Standard
Epiphone Acoustic
Amps:
Vox DA15
Marshall G80RCD
Pedals:
Boss GT-6
Boss MT-2
Quote by darkstar2466
Fear.

I shat mine
i never bought the wii for the record, its my brothers. he insisted on buying a wii over a 360 and a ps3(stupid stupid stupid, i kno)...but since he has one and i dont wanna buy a ps3, then i considered i would think about getting a game for it.....does anyone kno if COD world at war is good for the wii?
Fallout 3, Neverwinter nights 2, Halflife 2, Portal

Avoid Halo games like plague infested *****s they're awful awful games.
Quote by metaldud536
Team Fortress 2!

Nah, get the whole orange box. I think it's been bumped down to 20$

You should definitely go for Microsoft Vista again.

Like, seriously. You'd be missing out on all of the best games.

If you do re-download Vista, buy the games from Steam. Not only do you not have to pay tax, it is also much cheaper than the in-store prices.

Games from Steam:
- Left 4 Dead
- Half Life series
- Team Fortress 2
- Portal
- Counter-Strike
- Audiosurf
- Far Cry 2

Those just scratch the surface of all the great PC games purchasable.
Quote by bendystraw
Nah, get the whole orange box. I think it's been bumped down to 20$

note the fact that this is a PC dvd
Guitars:
Jackson JS30KE Kelly
Jackson RRX10D
Fender Telecaster American Standard
Epiphone Acoustic
Amps:
Vox DA15
Marshall G80RCD
Pedals:
Boss GT-6
Boss MT-2
Quote by Flaming Chaos

I think he assumed that he was going to re-install Vista.
Quote by Flaming Chaos

I hit 'Orange Box" on google images, the game itself is on all major gaming platforms, you fucking nitpicker.
which can be direct downloaded to PC?

and should i just stick with Call of Duty 5 on the wii??? does anyone have it for the wii that can tell me if its good?
Half-Life 2 Deathmatch was only £2.99 off of Steam for me and you don't need Half-Life 2 for it.

I can't compete with the other suggestions.
Quote by ASIsustainiac06
which can be direct downloaded to PC?

and should i just stick with Call of Duty 5 on the wii??? does anyone have it for the wii that can tell me if its good?

Supposedly the graphics are uglier on the Wii.
Quote by metaldud536
Supposedly the graphics are uglier on the Wii.

Wii

Xbox 360

Much uglier and with lower quality multiplayer.
Quote by bendystraw
Wii

Xbox 360

Much uglier and with lower quality multiplayer.

LMAO

Wii = Nintendo 64?

I mean that really isn't a drastic improvement, sorry to all you Wii fanboys
yeah wow, holy crap that is really sucky for wii, and i heard theres no zombie mode for wii??? what kinda bs is that?
Page 1 of 2