was wondering if there is such a pedal that shifts your guitar's pitch without affecting tone

cuz like i drop tone a lot and i only got 1 guitar...so i need something that'll make my guitar drop tune in an instant

is there such a thing???
yeah a gibson robot les paul. good luck hocking up 3 grand

*edit: in other words, no
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
You mean like half-step down? A Digitech whammy can do that. If you want drop tuning then you need to use the tuning pegs.
Do you mean different tunings?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
digitech whammy does it, but you don't get as good of a sound compaired to when you tune yourself
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by GODhimself37
yeah a gibson robot les paul. good luck hocking up 3 grand

*edit: in other words, no

actually, if u look on the UG homepage, the featured contest is a GIBSON ROBOT GUITAR!!!
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
Yeah there are a few in production for relatively cheap prices. They're actually not all that uncommon, they are VERY useful.

They're usually called "tuners"

Google "Boss TU-2" or "Korg Pitchblack". Those are the most common ones.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by xwearesinking
Yeah there are a few in production for relatively cheap prices. They're actually not all that uncommon, they are VERY useful.

They're usually called "tuners"

Google "Boss TU-2" or "Korg Pitchblack". Those are the most common ones.

is this a joke? sigh..
Quote by luyezi27
is this a joke? sigh..

Yes.

Is your thread a joke?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

You're describing a pitch shifter, and all of them affect tone.

You could look into the EHX POG or HOG, but they're very expensive and don't have an expression pedal (although the HOG can hook up to one).

Best bet, IMO, would be a Digitech Whammy if you don't want to spend too much money.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
its a terrible idea, it wont pickup chords well, and you'll just plain sound weird, especially if you cheap out. in other words, buy a tuner
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by luyezi27
so conclusion.....no such pedal
got it

There are pedals, they just sound terrible. For the sake of sounding better and saving money, just tune it yourself.
Quote by luyezi27
was wondering if there is such a pedal that shifts your guitar's pitch without affecting tone

cuz like i drop tone a lot and i only got 1 guitar...so i need something that'll make my guitar drop tune in an instant

is there such a thing???

No, anything you put between your guitar and amp will alter the signal in some way.

Quote by Raijouta
You're describing a pitch shifter, and all of them affect tone.

Correct re: Pitch Shifter

EVERYTHING you put between your guitar and amp will "affect tone"

Quote by Raijouta
You could look into the EHX POG or HOG, but they're very expensive and don't have an expression pedal (although the HOG can hook up to one).

Best bet, IMO, would be a Digitech Whammy if you don't want to spend too much money.

The best stuff for this are neither cheap, nor pedals, They are rack equipment and to do it properly will cost big bucks
Last edited by zachman5150 at Jan 19, 2009,
Ive used the digitech whammy pedal for the drop tune feature before, and it just does dandy. True, the whammy isnt the best for pitch shifting effects and harmonies with chords and tracking and such, but the drop tune is fine. Trust me, and the drop tune doesnt make your tone sound different.
Quote by TheCalvinator
Ive used the digitech whammy pedal for the drop tune feature before, and it just does dandy. True, the whammy isnt the best for pitch shifting effects and harmonies with chords and tracking and such, but the drop tune is fine. Trust me, and the drop tune doesnt make your tone sound different.

Of course it does. It doesn't just magically make your note appear to sound lower without actually changing anything.

Even just having a Whammy in your signal chain will alter your tone slightly, even if it's in bypass.

If all you want to do is tune down, then turn the little knobs on the end of your guitar. That's what they're for.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

I have a Whammy Pedal, and there definitely is some noticeable noise when you use the drop-tune feature. Chords have a wobbly sound to them if you listen closely. It works fine for just practicing or playing along with songs, but for anything serious like gigging or recording, it sounds much better to tune the guitar down yourself.