The Media is calling him "The Best Rapper Alive". There are better rappers alive than him. Fuse has pop-ups on music videos saying, "Lil Wayne Invented Bling" when I know Run-DMC was wearing chains before he knew he misspelled "Little". I Hate Him And The Media Following He Has. He Sucks So Hardcore.
Quote by apm505
You are a fool. Lil Wayne is good.

Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by Haustinj
The Media is calling him "The Best Rapper Alive". There are better rappers alive than him. Fuse has pop-ups on music videos saying, "Lil Wayne Invented Bling" when I know Run-DMC was wearing chains before he knew he misspelled "Little". I Hate Him And The Media Following He Has. He Sucks So Hardcore.

This made me laugh.
Why does every word in the last sentence have a capital letter.

Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by apm505

Yeah. He's the few rappers I like. At least he's original.
Questionable capitalization, but I don't like his stuff either. Not that I'm huge into hip-hop, but his work has no appeal to me. Who cares if he can churn out two tracks a day.
I also hate lil wayne. I'll bare it when my friends play rap, but that guy... Makes me wanna punch babies...
I'm Tyler
I assume he tried to cap all the letters, but sometimes, UG will automatically fix the letters for you.

Anyways, I dislike him a lot.
i don't like his drawling voice.. i prefer Nas' flow on his Illmatic album from '94. Represent lol
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Quote by Octtwe88
I also hate lil wayne. I'll bare it when my friends play rap, but that guy... Makes me wanna punch babies...

+1
I love ESP
Quote by apm505

are you kidding? He is an idiot. I won't lie, i liked his older stuff when he worked with Birdman but he is a sellout. Most of Today's rappers are. Not too many of them came from the "Hood". They can't hold a candle to Biggie, Tupac, Run-DMC or even Snoop Dogg.
He's a dirt bag. There's so many bad rappers out there but they only get 15 minutes of fame so its tolerable. But this guy's rhymes and metaphors are terrible. Rap has gone downhill since it went from lyrics to beats. Rap used to be good when what they said mattered, now its about the beat and repeating something over and over or making a new slang word up. Lil' Wayne should go back to smoking crack.
I dont like his voice, but you have to admit that his music is produced really fucking well.

Anyway, not my cup o' tea, but no severe dislike. Media is going to love anything extreme.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I personally am not a fan of his at all. But it happens in every genre. there is the mainstream glamorous success and the image that is being sold to the next generation and then there is the real thing. Sort of how Green Day is the greatest punk band and so forth and so on. Unfortunately, there is nothing the educated consumer can do besides educate, avoid, and live with it and its counterpart: The gullible, spoon fed, brainwashed oblivious consumer who doesn't understand the concept or the representation of real hip hop or real music.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
i ****n hate him im not a fan of any rappers these days its all the same thing they fake having a hard life growing up its just so fake i cant stand it its almost turned me off completely from rap/hip hop
Quote by zchavez09
i ****n hate him im not a fan of any rappers these days its all the same thing they fake having a hard life growing up its just so fake i cant stand it its almost turned me off completely from rap/hip hop

i hear ya zchavez09. I don't mind R&B singers like Chris Brown and Neyo. There Okay in my book.
Quote by Mushroom123
anybody remember when the radio played mostly good music?

Yea...That was some time...Even in the mid-90s it wasn't that bad. But since about 97 and the spice girls-britneys spears-nsync era, it has all gone to hell
I actually don't mind Lil Wayne, alot of his stuffs pretty catchy. I just HATE WITH A PASSION when people call him the best rapper alive, because his lyrics are some of the worst I've ever heard. Atleast 4 times in every song, he'll rhyme a word with the same word, how anyone can call someone who does that the best rapper alive is beyond retarded

Here's some of my favorite gems from Weezy f. Baby...

"I'm rare like Mr. Clean with hair" (wow that's creative)

"I don't give a motherfuck, get your baby kidnapped and your baby motherfucked" (omgz the way he rhymed motherfuck with motherfuck is GENIUS!! And if you can't see that there's something wrong with you)

"Even if don't rhyme it's gon rhyme" (alright that explains the last quote)

"They can't see me, they be like Stevie" (I can see your a bit of a faggot)

Best rapper alive? Cmon, he's not even in the top 500, maybe even 1000. Hell, the only rappers I can think of that are actually LESS talented than Lil Wayne are Soulja Boy, Vanilla Ice, Fred Durst and MAYBE MC Hammer...maybe...
Last edited by metalhead39 at Jan 19, 2009,
the media are often wrong, there is no need to make a thread filled with negative comments about a particular artist. ignore the media and listen to what you enjoy.

and just a verbal warning for the future: flaming artists is not allowed on UG so be careful how you express yourself.
from daylight...
...into darkness