Where could I find a cheap JEM copy? I just want one so I can mod it, and have something with a Floyd. So I really just want something that is made of an alright wood, and looks like the JEM.
Strats & Seagulls
RG.....
Any JEM copies will be cheap crap basically. An RG is basically a stripped down JEM.
Quote by littlephil
RG.....
Any JEM copies will be cheap crap basically. An RG is basically a stripped down JEM.

Yeah, I know, but I want the cool monkey grip.

It would just be to mess around on, so cheap crap isn't too bad.
Strats & Seagulls
I saw a modified RG7321 on Ebay yesterday with the monkey grip cut in it and some white detailing around the body and neck.It may be worth looking at if you play 7 strings.

Edit: Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Customd-Ibanez-RG7321-7-string-w-JEM-features_W0QQitemZ300287426326QQihZ020QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
Yeah, I know, but I want the cool monkey grip.

It would just be to mess around on, so cheap crap isn't too bad.

1. Get an RG
2. Carve the monkey grip into the body
3. Touch up the finish/refinish
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!!!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
1. Get an RG
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!!!

I'm unfortunately not a carpenter, and wouldn't feel comfortable hacking away at a guitar, junker or not.
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by Shinozoku
1. Get an RG
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!!!

****! You beat me too it.
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
I'm unfortunately not a carpenter, and wouldn't feel comfortable hacking away at a guitar, junker or not.

DO #1. Take it to a luthier and tell him to do #'s 2 & 3.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
DO #1. Take it to a luthier and tell him to do #'s 2 & 3.

I suppose I could. How much would that cost? Would I still have enough left over to do some upgrades if I started with about $700?
Strats & Seagulls
it would probably cost 1k to get a luthier to cut in a monkey grip and install some vine leaf inlays
RG's & Mesa's
Quote by e32lover
it would probably cost 1k to get a luthier to cut in a monkey grip and install some vine leaf inlays

Really? Holy sh*t. There goes that idea.
Strats & Seagulls