Im looking for new strings for my Epiphone G400 that are really bendy since i want to do alot of bending it. They need to be soft and bendy.
ernie ball extra slinkys 9-42
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
a lot of that is finger strength and control
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
How about get some more "bendier" fingers instead...

I mean what's next? Get strings that make you shred, or do whammy tricks? Maybe even just play for you.
what strings do you have on it at the moment?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by randomhero93
ernie ball extra slinkys - 8's
ernie ball super slinkys- 9's

This.

How "bendy" could you possibly get? Bending has a lot to do with finger strength also.
I have an Epiphone G-400 Custom and I use Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys in 9 gauge, they're good. And they're even better when you down tune

Or you could go long winded, down tune and play with a pitch shifter, which is a desperation thing really.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
+1 for the Slinkys. I haven't tried the extra or super slinkys, but I find the regular .10 Slinkys to be far more flexible than the d'addarios.
Quote by DespisedIcon
I use 10s and 11s, my bends are fine.

Yeah, I use strictly 11's, and I can bend 'em pretty well I'd say.
Quote by voteforpedro36
13s.

SRV did it.

no ****. he also was one of the best blues players ever. if the TS could play as well as SRV, he'd hardly be wasting his time posting on UG (though i could be wrong).

the dude is asking for strings which are easy to bend. 13s are not easy to bend. unless you're tuned down to like drop C or even lower...

your post = no help.

Quote by GNRjungle87

How "bendy" could you possibly get? Bending has a lot to do with finger strength also.

of course, but strings of a lower gauge are also easier to bend. what you're saying is equivalent to telling someone that weightlifting is dependent on strength, and telling someone looking for easy-to-lift weights that he might as well try to benchpress a sherman tank, as it's only based on strength...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 20, 2009,
I know Iommi used 10's. On both the e and b string. Because of his handicap. So he could bend easier. Period.
Ernie ball Hybrid slinkies ftw tbh

Top 3 strings from an 0.09 and the bottom 3 strings from an 0.10 set.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by TatarSalad2
I know Iommi used 10's. On both the e and b string. Because of his handicap. So he could bend easier. Period.

i thought he used 8s. also, what did he tune to? a lot of the time he was tuned way down.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, cos billy gibbons etc. had horrible tone. plenty of kickass players used thin strings. thick strings sound different, not better, and if your guitar (and playing) is good, it's not a problem.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i thought he used 8s. also, what did he tune to? a lot of the time he was tuned way down.

Early in Black Sabbath's career he used 10's. But once they started tuning down half steps and whole steps I think he switched to 12's, but like the low E was like a 42 or 46. His strings were pretty thin.
As you continue playing, strings will get easier to bend no matter what the gauge. Its called progress.

If you already have 8s or 9s on and are still having trouble, the only thing that will make the strings "soft and bendy" is practice and playing.
Quote by TatarSalad2
Early in Black Sabbath's career he used 10's. But once they started tuning down half steps and whole steps I think he switched to 12's, but like the low E was like a 42 or 46. His strings were pretty thin.

ah ok. maybe it's the lower strings i was thinking of.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by fastlanestoner
a lot of that is finger strength and control

No it's not, I've found out.

On my Strat I bend simply, on my Agile it's tougher to bend. Both have .10s