if anyone is familiar with cool edit pro or adobe audition... please help. i can't hear anything in my headphones while recording except the softwares metronome (when i select it.) i'm new to recording myself. so i may be missing something simple. but, i've done hours of playing with this program and can't find what i'm missing here. any help will be much appreciated. thank you.
You may have to select the Monitor while recording option to hear what is being recorded on a PC. When you play back after recording. Is it there? Sometimes this is an option in your software and also in Windows Sound control panel of recording options. By default it is almost aways turned off.
But if that the issue, you may not like the answer as it usually creates a delay and can create feedback loops if you enable the option. I use an external mixer for monitoring to avoid having to monitor using the PC.
Quote by ozarkracer
You may have to select the Monitor while recording option to hear what is being recorded on a PC. When you play back after recording. Is it there? Sometimes this is an option in your software and also in Windows Sound control panel of recording options. By default it is almost aways turned off.
But if that the issue, you may not like the answer as it usually creates a delay and can create feedback loops if you enable the option. I use an external mixer for monitoring to avoid having to monitor using the PC.

yeah its there on playback but not while recording. i'm trying to get by on low low budget so got the mic and phones plugged straight into the computer. i'll look for the option. the sound card is realtek hd. i hope i can figure it out. thanks for the help. has anyone used cool edit pro 2.1? thanks again.
I also had this problem while using Audition, I got around the problem by using speakers instead. Yeah, it's really practical to use phones around night time but I really never worked for me, just mic an amp.
My things:
Rocket Stratocaster (Cheap Copy )
Zoom 1010
Really cheap stock amp fitted with a Dean Markley speaker