Hey do you recommend putting the strings for a lefty on a epiphone firebird???thanx
well you didnt get it i meant it [B]SWITHCHING THE STRINGS ON A FIREBIRD SO A LEFTY CAN PLAY IT[/B] . does that seem like a GOOD IDEA?
Last edited by gurl_w/guitar at Jan 20, 2009,
Wouldnt they be the same as righty strings?

EDIT: Wait WTF? strings dont come in lefty
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
First- Any kind of string can go on any guitar, unless you're putting classical strings on an electric.

Second- Just make sure you put the thickest string to the thinest string last, it shouldn't matter if the strings are lefty or not. o.O
Uhm......aren't all guitar strings universal as far as right/left handed go? This is a mind**** because I don't actually know,I've always just assumed they are hahah.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Uhm......aren't all guitar strings universal as far as right/left handed go? This is a mind**** because I don't actually know,I've always just assumed they are hahah.

They should be...
Answer: If you or someone else is going to play it left-handed; yes.

The only thing it effects is where you'll want the strap pins and where things like volume and tone controls would be located.... On something like a Strat or Tele with 'tilted' pickups it could effect the amount of treble/bass that you get on your highest vs. lowest strings. But that's pretty unimportant honestly.
Quote by Y00p
They should be...

Yeah,it really is an odd question though.In my nearly 6 years of playing with god knows how many other musicians this is the first time I've heard this question.

My mind did one of these:

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by ccase
Lefty strings? Man, crystal meth is bad for you.

speak for yourself haha

aaaaanyway, i think someone already facepalmed this thread so my work here is pretty much done
I think the question the TS is posing could be phrased another way. I.E. "Can I string an epiphone firebird so that a lefty can play it?" Basically, doing what Jimi Hendrix did.

You can do that as long as you turn the nut around, otherwise the stings won't fit in the slots.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.