Page 1 of 4
Hey, I used the search bar and didn't see a main thread on this band so I thought I'd make one. This thread probably won't last too long since I haven't heard of TOO many people who like them. I for one love them (at least Nocturne which is just about the most amazing thing my ears have ever heard). Anyway, I just thought it would be cool to have a thread about em. Thanks
Hell yeah dude. THA is one of my fav bands, along with BTBAM and Trivium.
Nocturne is definetely one of the coolest, and most diverse metal albums I've heard.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
just heard my first song by them today. Something with "vela" in it I think. Great band. I want to learn more.
Vela together we await the storm!!! quite possibly sickest song ever...
The human abstract was awesome back in the days of Nocturne dont like em quite as much now that their styles changed a bit.
I don't like Midheaven as much still good, but Nocturne was definately the better album, my fav song is Mea Culpa i love that solo, and i also enjoy how they are relatively unheard of
Quote by andy_thomas
Were you by any chance, exposing your scrotum to an open flame?
Yeah, ever since A.J left they aren't the same, and they probably never will be. It's sad Oh yeah, and the "breakdown" i dont know if you could call it that on Crossing The Rubicon is ****ing amazing.
New album was like a less talented dream theater (not a bad thingy)
First album was orgasmic
They were cool live... And I'm going to see them again on the 31st... Should be tight.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Quote by Sloofus
just heard my first song by them today. Something with "vela" in it I think. Great band. I want to learn more.

the debut album nocturne. thats all you need.
Saw them for the second time with As I Lay Dying and Protest the Hero. It was pretty awesome, they played everything perfectly. Later, as I was at the bar getting a monster (the energy drink for anyone not familiar), Nathan happened to be there right next to me. Even though he's my least favorite member of the band, that was still cool. I also talked to Dean briefly at the merch booth. Even though I think their new album is mostly crap, it's pretty cool that they still pull out Crossing the Rubicon, Vela, and Mea Culpa. Oh, and they opened with Harbinger.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Well, evidently he sucks at writing music, but he can nail their stuff live.

It always impresses me when they both play the intro to Crossing the Rubicon or the sweeps in Mea Culpa at the same time.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Well, evidently he sucks at writing music, but he can nail their stuff live.

It always impresses me when they both play the intro to Crossing the Rubicon or the sweeps in Mea Culpa at the same time.

I thought I saw him **** up a few times. The old guitarist was spot-on, but I could've sworn I saw both him and the lead guitarist from Protest screw up a number of sweeps. And I'm pretty sure Bloodmeat's intro was way off...

Either way, The Human Abstract did good the other night, terrible band or not.
the human abstract have been my favourite abnd since nocturne.... but yeah i'm not the biggest fan of the new album...
Nocturne is da **** yo. Every song on it is qulaity. I never have to skip. The song before Vela fits perfectly.
i love this band but after AJ left they just arnt the same, i guess metal was too easy for AJ
He left The Human Abstract to study classical music.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
He left The Human Abstract to study classical music.

i read he left cus he said that if he continued playing metal he would feel like he was lying or sumthin cus he liked playing acoustic guitar, but im not sayin ur wrong thats just what i read
I have a love/hate relationship with this band. I love Nocturne. That record was great. But I dont like Midheaven at all. I dont like Nathan either.

My review for Midheaven is actually the top "rated" review on iTunes. Feel free to bring it down though
I saw them live last month with Protest the Hero and As I Lay Dying and they are freaking insane! The finished their set with Mea Culpa and the solo was sick as hell.
Quote by lpk12321
i read he left cus he said that if he continued playing metal he would feel like he was lying or sumthin cus he liked playing acoustic guitar, but im not sayin ur wrong thats just what i read

He wanted to study classical music more than he wanted to play metal, so he would have felt like he was lying to the fans because he wouldn't have been 100% in it. And when I say classical, I mean the kind played on a nylon-string acoustic guitar. So we're both correct.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
when i got the leak of midheaven, it was the biggest letdown since...i bought metallica's black album back when i was 12 or something
Quote by GodofCheesecake
He wanted to study classical music more than he wanted to play metal, so he would have felt like he was lying to the fans because he wouldn't have been 100% in it. And when I say classical, I mean the kind played on a nylon-string acoustic guitar. So we're both correct.

awsome
Quote by catalyst329
No!!! its not awesome!

i meant the part where we were both correct, and no its not awsome he left the band
I don't think they'll go back to a Nocturne style again, and I loved it so much. Apart from Protest the Hero what other bands are like them?
I've always regarded The Human Abstract, Protest the Hero, and Between the Buried and Me as the big three progressive/technical "core" bands. They're not really similar but they're all, well, progressive and technical. And the other thing that they have in common is that no one really sounds like any of them.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Tarzan_man
I don't think they'll go back to a Nocturne style again, and I loved it so much. Apart from Protest the Hero what other bands are like them?

Some of Escape The Fate's songs are the similar vocalwise, but instrumental wise i'd say between the buried and me and i dont think theres anyone else like them
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I've always regarded The Human Abstract, Protest the Hero, and Between the Buried and Me as the big three progressive/technical "core" bands. They're not really similar but they're all, well, progressive and technical. And the other thing that they have in common is that no one really sounds like any of them.

Plus teh big one.

It's my favourite style. BTBAM are just a little too proggy sometimes for me though. Favourite two bands def have to be Protest and the Human Abstract.
Quote by Tarzan_man

one word, SIKTH, only made two albums but awesome albums none the less, very creative and i love the creepy/out there vibe you get from listening to them
Quote by Nelli2881
one word, SIKTH, only made two albums but awesome albums none the less, very creative and i love the creepy/out there vibe you get from listening to them

SIKTH IS THE ****ING **** DUDE

dude death of a dead day is probably one of the only perfect albums iv ever head

their use of everything is just fascinating
Page 1 of 4