well today i satrted sanding my bc rich warlock bronze series for a reapint and was astonished to find a beautiful top I believe is maple. anyways the top is the same wood grain as the one in this link http://www.edroman.com/guitars/bcrich.htm
now I am planning on a staining instead of repaint i will probably do it red but does anybody know where i can get a binding anything like the warlock on that site? It is the top most guitar by the way
That wood on top is probly just a laminate sand it all off (meaning the paint not he laminate) to find out cause I just don't see a Bronze series being solid maple. Trust me I already repainted my Bronze I've seen the heart of the monster.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
aww i know its not solid maple I was just wandering if thats what the top was cause its absoloutley beautiful. its an ash body if i can really tell from the 1/2 inch piece i can see .is ash an extremely light wood? it only weighs about 4 pounds ( the body) also what stores sell colored stains like red or orange?
Yeah.....I used spray paint on mine cause my top was alder so I don't know the logistics of how you would go about staining it.
Maybe pictures would help.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
I know how to stain i Just dont know where to buy bright colors or anything besides stew mac( id rather by it in person) the only help i need is finding a body binding some what like the one on that bc rich and to know where to find stains near me
The body is Agathis probably, but if it has a flame maple veneer, then stain it!

Don't sand through it, that is a terrible idea.

Binding and purfling:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bindings,_trim/Pearl,_abalone_purflings.html

Good?

No stewmac, hey? A local hardware store should have the stain, but I don't know about binding.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Thanks Otter tell me that now after I painted my guitar a year ago.
I di go al the way through the paint but left the sealer on.....Funny thing about heat and a sharp knife it'll peal off any nitro on there.
You had a guitar with a flame maple top and you painted it?

No worries, you can redo it.

I did that with a flame maple guitar and everyone got pissed at me, but it was low quality figure and it had mineral stains.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
well thanks otter its not that i cant use stew mac but their stains are kinda expensive compared to the rest of the stains around here so i just wanted to check out a local place first
Get the stains near your place, by all means.

Just test them on scrap wood first. If the stain soaks in really far, you're screwed if you don't like it.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
You had a guitar with a flame maple top and you painted it?

No worries, you can redo it.

I did that with a flame maple guitar and everyone got pissed at me, but it was low quality figure and it had mineral stains.

No, No, My top was alder and had no good looks to it at all. So I covered it.
I tryed binding on my guitar... probably the hardest part... way harder than making a neck, I guess you got to be very very very very very very very... very ...v...e...r...y... very... very paitent and if you get binding, get 2 of the one you want incase you break it the first time or want to practice alot.

Edit: the binding is probably multiple ones laminated together and what not. Ps: good luck!
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Last edited by Ethanb08 at Jan 19, 2009,