If anybody has heard or stumbled upon the service offered by "jamzor" quite a time ago, then this is virtually the same.

If you havn't, then let me explain.

I'm offering myself up to do any mixing or mastering you need done (and audio restoration to a certain degree). I have a good few years experience and I'm just seeing if I can be of any use to anyone.

I have a decent set of ears and wont steal your music. All I can do is give you my word on that.

I use Logic Pro 8, Adobe Audition (for noise reduction etc), Shure earphones and A/B between a pair of Rogers LS3/5A's and some Richard Allen Hi-Fi Speakers.

If you know much about anything then the monitors I use should be enough to convince you I'm not playing about .

Preferably I want to work on what I would call "real music". No hardcore, grindcore, metal spine surgery beats please . Not saying it's not music, or it's bad. It just gives me a bit of a headache. Anything from 60's rock 'n' roll to folk is fine by me.

Heres a sample of a really quite bad quality multi-track recording turned listenable. Give me something nicely recorded and I should be able to turn out something quite nice with any luck.

Before - http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/19/2275937/before.mp3

After - http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/19/2275937/After.mp3

It has some tape distortion on the final because they wanted it that way. Not because I accidentally had to much level .
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
I'm tempted to send you a song in a few weeks just to see how you fair :P

Would you be after individual wavs or just high quality mp3s...

Might just send you a chorus or something but i'll give you a yell.
Haha. Feel free.

Wav's. Mp3's make me feel ill..
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
I'm not familiar with the Rogers speakers. A quick Google turns up a lot of stuff on home hi-fi stuff, but it doesn't show up on the radar at any recording sites.

What can you tell us about them?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by doommaker
Just checking, you can do drums, 2 or 3 guitars, bass and vox yeah? I know most people here won't have a full 8 or 10 tracks of drums but i do.

Yes thats fine.

Quote by axemanchris
I'm not familiar with the Rogers speakers. A quick Google turns up a lot of stuff on home hi-fi stuff, but it doesn't show up on the radar at any recording sites.

What can you tell us about them?

CT

They were designed back in the 70's by the bbc and then licensed to various manufacturers such as KEF and Rogers. They have a very good reputation as great monitors. Surprised you couldn't find anything . They're roughly the same price as Mackie hr824's if you can get a pair today and I have these. 'Nuff said .
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
na ill stick to sony super woofers
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by willieturnip

They were designed back in the 70's by the bbc and then licensed to various manufacturers such as KEF and Rogers. They have a very good reputation as great monitors. Surprised you couldn't find anything . They're roughly the same price as Mackie hr824's if you can get a pair today and I have these. 'Nuff said .

I'll take some words from Scott Dorsey any day over a comparison to a pair of Mackie hr824's. http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.audio.pro/browse_thread/thread/a545c36a6f6383f6/6978aae8aa1604ca?lnk=gst&q=Rogers+LS3/5A#6978aae8aa1604ca

Sounds like you got some sweet monitors.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Agreed about the highs. I think he was using a multiband compressor and was a bit aggressive on the high frequencies. It added a lot of hiss and sibilance to the high end.

I'd like to hear what he could do with a proper mix of something that sounds half-way decent to start with. Restoration amounts to turd polishing, and it was a crap song, IMHO, to start with, so that doesn't go very far for any 'wow' factor.

CT

I would quickly like to add, before I start to sound really arrogant and to hopefully prevent that happening, that I am not claiming to be a mastering god.

I certainly won't make anything sound worse though.

And the more I do the better I will get logically. That's half the reason I'm offering myself up.

Quote by llanafreak44
Personally, I'm not a fan of panned bass. There is a lot of high's in your mixes.

Neither am I, which is why the bass isn't panned...
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Last edited by willieturnip at Jan 21, 2009,
Fair enough... I thought you really improved the fullness and the bottom end of the original track. I meant to add that before.

CT

I think you've got a good techique, but I'd work on upping the bass and mids =| All I can hear is treble from the drums, it makes my ears twitch
sorry. that master had at least as many things wrong with it as the original mix, just in totally different ways.
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
It sounded like he used a stereo widener plugin to me.

CT

Which is what alot of people typically do in mastering :P

Hey he's trying to learn and i give him kudos for it.

willie: if you ever want a new set of ears on your stuff give me a yell and i'll see if i can help at all because hey, mastering is an art not a process, and i'm just getting into finger painting.
I actually like the sound of the example alot. the hi-hat is to high and the vocals are a tad too low tho.

but it's a distinct sound and I bet those who recorded the track likes it. seems like this is sort of what they were going for.