so, one of my friends recommended that i go to therapy for my depression.. she has a therapist and she said that its very helpful.. my question for you, dear pit, is how much does it cost on average, because i dont want to put a financial burden on my family or anything, btw, i live in massachusetts

inb4emo
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by HIM%(^
depression doesnt exist..just mental weakness.

To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by HIM%(^

actually its caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain..

next time you try to bash someone, do some research dip****
Quote by wonderflap

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz

ಠ_ಠ
I wouldn't go. I went a few times and it was terrible. They're just people with Phd's that think they know you better than you know yourself. There's nothing they can do for you that you can't do for yourself. Don't waste ur money.

Listen to my covers here.

"Some even claim that I'm a terror, a dictator and they're right." - Lou Reed

AK-ROWDY

here you go
d[(x)(x)]b

Quote by TomD03

we'd sit in the basement and i'd do a little "I'll show u mine if you show me yours" so i had 3 baby vaginas staring at me

R.I.P. Billy Mays
Quote by HIM%(^

How about stupidity... Does that exist? I believe it's exponential among football players... Loser.
Get an education.

Edit: BTW You have low levels of noradrenaline, but it's better to treat the psychological part than to jump into pills
Last edited by MorbidBeliever at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
actually its caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain..

next time you try to bash someone, do some research dip****

it was an obvious joke...remember..it IS the pit.
dont go to a therapist. they will just try to percribe you riddalin and tell your parents your hopeless. or they will just make you take a rorschach test...
Quote by musicjunkie207
I wouldn't go. I went a few times and it was terrible. They're just people with Phd's that think they know you better than you know yourself. There's nothing they can do for you that you can't do for yourself. Don't waste ur money.

I'm sorry you've been misled. Often people don't get along with therapists, fortunately I have. They don't know you, but they know human psychology... which we all fall under.

TS, good luck with it and I hope it does you well.
Quote by shrdtilyourdead

here you go

damn... that was cold blooded. what a low blow...

on topic, i seriously have no idea how much it would cost. sorry.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
To answer your question ts, I think it averages around $100 a visit, but you can talk to your doctor if you want, and they can probably help you find somewhere you can afford.
Quote by MorbidBeliever
How about stupidity... Does that exist? I believe it's exponential among football players... Loser.
Get an education.

ahh...stereotypes. I believe that only uneducated people make rash assumptions about large groups of people, but thats besides the point. I already stated that it was a joke..but as for attaining an education..i currently go to one of the best high schools in the nation and Next year I'm attending Franklin & Marshall college which is one of the most endowed schools in the nation as well as one of the best. so therefore...gtfo.
Last edited by HIM%(^ at Jan 19, 2009,
Can't you call one of the clinics or wherever you see the therapist? That would be the best way to get some answers.
Quote by KGB_INC
damn... that was cold blooded. what a low blow...

on topic, i seriously have no idea how much it would cost. sorry.

it was a joke

i went and there useless
d[(x)(x)]b

Quote by TomD03

we'd sit in the basement and i'd do a little "I'll show u mine if you show me yours" so i had 3 baby vaginas staring at me

R.I.P. Billy Mays
Quote by shrdtilyourdead

here you go

as much of jackass thing that is to do, i laughed
Quote by wonderflap

Quote by TheChaz

ಠ_ಠ
I tried a therapist and hated it, it felt so phony and like they were just smiling and nodding without listening. They don't do anything except ask you simple questions; you're basically paying the money to talk out your problems out loud to someone else. You might find it helpful, but I know what my issues are and the therapist was not helpful at all.

Good luck and I recommend trying it and seeing if it works for you. I know a lot (for me, at least) of therapists give you your first several sessions for free to see if you're comfortable with it, see if there are any you can try and decide if it's worth paying the money.
Quote by HIM%(^
ahh...stereotypes. I believe that only uneducated people make rash assumptions about large groups of people, but thats besides the point. I already stated that it was a joke..but as for attaining an education..i currently go to one of the best high schools in the nation and Next year I'm attending Franklin & Marshall college which is one of the most endowed schools in the nation as one of the best. so therefore...gtfo.

You just verbally dropped that mah fucka.
Quote by shrdtilyourdead
it was a joke

i went and there useless

i know. and it was funny, but damn... lol
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Quote by YourDad

um, it depends which doctor you go to TS. Some are a lot more expensive than others (like $70- $80 a visit) I suggest you research it out. Best of luck to ya.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
not to thread jack or anything..but do insurance companies cover therapy visits?
Not that I know of. A doctor could pay a few sessions if needed I'm sure.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by DartS17
To answer your question ts, I think it averages around $100 a visit, but you can talk to your doctor if you want, and they can probably help you find somewhere you can afford.

Sounds about right.

Also your parents might have some sort of assistance program through their employee benefits.
Quote by shrdtilyourdead

here you go

Ohhhh! Shineyyyy.......* Drools *
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
to ts: download an e-book called instant enlightenment, by david deida (cough .. torr3ntz)

it might help, i havent fully read it but you'll feel better after reading it

id advise you to buy it except i have no idea where it is sold, good luck, and no to the therapist imo.