Couldi useany amphead to gothrough 2 80w and 2 50w speakersiused fora stereo/PA. They are the brand "studiomonitor"
-Jake Blackwood
if the speakers have 1/4" inputs and the ohms match up, then yes. however, the sound will not be the best compared to a speaker cab that is meant for guitar.

edit: what amp heads are you thinking about doing this with?

and nutin....i just thought of that
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Jan 19, 2009,
are they active or passive speakers? if theyr active, then the answer is NO if they're passive, then i think it might work as long as the impedance matches up
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Im thinkin of buyin any cheap headto screw around wit.it sounds ok usin mic-computer-speakers
-Jake Blackwood
Quote by guitar351
Im thinkin of buyin any cheap headto screw around wit.it sounds ok usin mic-computer-speakers

how much money do you have to spend on this?

perhaps we can help you find a good head/1x12 cab that you can use, and have good tone while at it.
you could find a used classic 30 for around that price or one of the Crate V series.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by guitar351

i wouldnt buy a head in that budget, especially if all you have is computer speakers that would probably break if you attempted to use them with an amp head.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.