I did another version of this song, with a ton of stuff added
basically this thing made my Audacity almost unusable

Still is just a rough demo, and a home recording, so don't tell me about the massive white noise or the clipping at the end, i know its just a home recording with a really bad usb interface

anyway tell me what you think, i still haven't thought about arranging the song, i don't know whether the vocal part is the chorus or the verse, so give me your ideas if you have any

also this thing probably took 5 or 6 hours in all, so please take time to appreciate it as it took a lot of hard work, effort, and time

thanks

link: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/acdclandon/music/
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Wow, nice job. I was a bit hesitant at first, although the very soft part in the background (couldn't tell if it was a bass or not) sounded like a soft voice...which was really neat. When the main riff kicked in at 48 seconds in (the guitar sounded very nice there btw) it was awesome. The vocal harmonies were spot-on and sounded VERY Pink Floydish which was AMAZING. I really enjoyed listening to the part with the lyrics. Would have been nice to have drums at the distortion part (about 1:50 I believe). The solo started out a bit too dissonant with that bend, I think the solo could've been a bit more melodic in general. Good job though, awesome song, keep it up!

(p.s. thanks for the crit )
Dude, this great! I mean, quality-wise, it's average, but that's to be expected )as you've basically said) I think it could've been longer, it seems like a great intro into an epic or something, and, the ending was kinda sudden in my opinion, but, other than that, the vocals were great, as was the guitar work!

Thanks for the crit, btw
the intro is panned to far to the left. actually the whole song is coming out of my left speaker. but i like the guitar part a lot and the vocals are really enjoyable. i think some drums should come in once it becomes distorted. but if this was a whole song with better recording i would say you got something here gj.
This has a nice feel to it. I like the vocals especially. It might be cool to add some more elements to it but thats just a guess. For all I know it might sound like crap. Good playing and cool feel.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Quote by Food_for_funk
I like the harmony vocals, its definitely very floyd, and compositionally is solid. I would say turn down the distortion on the dirty guitars, its a really sharp contrast, they sound very digital, and at least IMO the song calls for a more classic-rock tone.

Crit Mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1050928

i agree with the guitars haha

for the record this is the gear i used:

Fender Frontman 15 (that would explain the decent cleans and disgusting overdrive)

Fender Strat HSS, in D standard

Shure SM57 mic into a Behringer mixer, with a horrible usb interface, explaining the bad quality and white noise
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
You should try Amplitube for DI recording. It may be a computer program but it has plenty of usable sounds.
Quote by Food_for_funk
You should try Amplitube for DI recording. It may be a computer program but it has plenty of usable sounds.

Thanks, i'll check it out
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Lovely, really well done. I really like the feel of the whole thing; it mixes well. Quality was a average, nothing the people above me haven't covered, but the composition was really just great.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I really like this song. The intro fit it really well, and the harmonized voices gave it a very Pink Floyd feel. What I would suggest is maybe turning down the harmonized voice's volume to bring the main melody out a bit stronger, and possibly turning down the distortion at the end of the song, as it seems a little bit uncomfortable after such a relaxing introduction (to me, at least).

Crit mine? "Wave it" in my sig
I love the feel of this, Theres sort of a trance feel to, Very relaxing. Just a tad bit repetative, But I think it adds to the song in a way, I liked it very much
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
Cool track. Just like most of the people who posted above me, I like the vocals and I also agree that the distorted guitar might need to be tweaked a bit. It seems to me that the most of the noise/distortion is coming from the vocal track. Something that might help remedy all that noise is to use a high shelf EQ on whatever track has the noise and cut out 3 - 6dB at 6kHz or 8kHz. (Just watch out that you don't cut out too much or you'll loose a lot of the higher harmonics in the vocals.) Overall a nice piece, keep up the good work! Thanks for the crit on my thread by the way.
It's a cool song, the vocals are nice, and I liked the dark-ish feelling of the soing, anyway that is all I have to say