http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i4aD_b0Aow&feature=related

It's a cover of the Police's "Walkin' On The Moon". I've rarely seen such an odd but cool combination of amplifiers, but I wouldn't have expected it from a Japanese Girls' Police Tribute band....

I thought you might like to see it.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

is that a marshall plexi that i see???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
jazz chorus and a marshall? seems pretty common for people who want nice cleans and sweet drive
I'm pretty sure it's either a 1987 or a 1959 head, I can't tell which + JC120 + 5150. I don't know what she's using the 5150 for though...
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by the agony scene
haha what its a 5150 and you have the cab for it

6505's and 5150's are the EXACT same amp
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
6505's and 5150's are the EXACT same amp

but why call it a 6505 when its a 5150.
regardless of circuitry.
to make yourself look cool in the knowledge you know that ?
because logically you'd call them all 5150s since its the original.
Quote by the agony scene
regardless of circuitry.

Touche.
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

When would you need a 5150/6505/whatever for the Police?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Ha..
Plexi, 5150, AND a Jazz Chorus..

I want it.
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
All of those amps more than likely belong to that venue.

Unless you're a big band in japan and can afford to have your amps moved around, most bands use in house amps. Which are almost always a Marshall and a Jazz Chorus.
its probably not all her gear. they've probably got other bands playing after them and they all set up their equipment before hand. she's probably playing thru the Jazz Chorus, then the next band plays thru the peavey, then the band with the marshall
Quote by the agony scene
regardless of circuitry.

Eddy Van Halen owns the trademark rights to the name 5150. thats why fender makes the 5150 III. so peavey just renamed it 6505 when EVH left peavey.
Well Enough Alone
Can I point something out? Often when you've got a lot of bands playing a small venue, everyone soundchecks, then just pushes their gear back out of the way, so you end up with everyone's backline on stage at once. I think it's more likely that some of the gear belongs to other bands.

I'm thinking she's playing through the 5150, because nothing else actually has a lead going into it. If they were all for use in that set they'd all be live on a line selector.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by the agony scene
regardless of circuitry.

EVH no longer endorses the amp, so they renamed the amp on their 40th anniversary (1965-2005, therefore 6505)
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
EVH no longer endorses the amp, so they renamed the amp on their 40th anniversary (1965-2005, therefore 6505)

you've totally missed the point man
the amp in the video is a 5150.
the guy called it a 6505 to look cool in the knowledge he knew 5150s had been re branded as 6505s.
i was just calling him on it.
i'm not walking anywhere for the next few minutes >____>

voice and drums sound horrid though
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by makuserusukotto
All of those amps more than likely belong to that venue.

Unless you're a big band in japan and can afford to have your amps moved around, most bands use in house amps. Which are almost always a Marshall and a Jazz Chorus.

this one. despite the fact that having all of those would be odd and cool, they appear to be the venue's seeing as they also have guitars all along the wall there
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Everyone says about all the amps being in one place is correct.

No one brings that range of amps to small gigs or even large gigs.

I still slightly wonder if it is the 5150 no matter what people say.....
Quote by guitardude11
Eddie Van Halen owns the trademark rights to the name 5150. thats why fender makes the 5150 III. so peavey just renamed it 6505 when EVH left peavey.

And yeah, you're right. EVH made the 5150 while he was endorsed by Peavey. When he left them for w/e reason, they couldn't use the same name, so it was changed to the 6505. Same with the 5150 II, which is the 6505+.

I'm almost positive that's what it is. If not, I apologize
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
The amp in the video is actually a 5150II

And honeslty it doesnt really matter 6505/5150 +/II its all the same and when either is said even in error 95% of the population still knows what hell your talking about.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 22, 2009,
Probably made in the early 90s in Peavey's USA factor-

No. Stop this **** now.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!