I just got a sharp aquos hdtv to replace my standard def tv. i plugged in the xbox component cables and set all the settings to hdtv but every once in a while the xbox video signal cuts out for a few seconds and then comes back on.

there is still sound. it's not the tv, i've tried it on different inputs and different tvs and the same thing happens. other thingd like dvd and cable still work in the same input that im trying to use the xbox for. ive tried setting the xbox's resolutions differently and get the same problem. would upgrading to hdmi fix it? any ideas?
face it, as fun as xbox is.... microsoft are idiots at building them.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
invest in a PS3...
Quote by symba05
Don't use nylon, it will get on fire.

Quote by symba05
If King Diamond's Thrash Britney Spears is NS black metal from Oslo.

Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX RAR
Samick Interceptor II with D Activators in both positions

AXL 70R
Peavey rage 15W

Zoom g1
My guess is the cables are bad. A lot of times it'll start with random spurts like that, but soon it could do it permanently. I think you can get new cables for like $20.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
you can pick up new HDMI cables for about $45. Also, if you've still got time, register for the extended warranty. Microsoft Xbox's love to break within weeks of the warranty's expiry
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
it might be the cables, just get the hdmi cable off ebay or something, they are more expensive in shops. I dunno, mine had a problem where the video cable was stuffed on my regular def tv and i had to get a new cable.
check the little switch on the tthing that plugs into the back of the xbox make sure its set to hd

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
i thought i might as well tell everyone that if you have the red rings of death wrap a thick towl around the 360 and let it run for a wile it will fix the problem for a while it might give you ten minuts of use or a couple of days you definetly want some sort of a warenty.
Quote by bv310
you can pick up new HDMI cables for about $45. Also, if you've still got time, register for the extended warranty. Microsoft Xbox's love to break within weeks of the warranty's expiry

hahaha wow you are a sucker. Did the people at Best Buy tell you to buy their $45 dollar metal-wire-wrapped-in-rubber because it looks better?

go on newegg.com and get brand new HDMI cables for like8 or 9 bucks shipped. they look exactly the same quality wise as those $200 Monster cables.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812189135

EDIT: or THIS even: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270117

5 bucks for HDMI cable
Last edited by thefeedingend at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by joshua122593
Ps3 Ftw

Boomshakalaka!

However, if you want to play in HD you'll need HDMI cables. You could probably set your tv for standard def to play until you get HDMI cables. The more you spend on cables the better your picture quality, however the difference is almost negligible.
Quote by thefeedingend

go on newegg.com and get brand new HDMI cables for like8 or 9 bucks shipped. they look exactly the same quality wise as those $200 Monster cables.

audio and video quality is pretty much the same when comparing Monster cables to cheap ones. The main difference is build quality and shielding. Monster cables come with lifetime guarantees if I'm not mistaken. That being said, I would much rather go with cheap cables. No way in hell am I spending $100 for HDMI cables encased in fancy mesh.
It's the cable dude, no questions about it. Replace it with a $5 one off ebay.
Quote by abe123
thats one of the funniest posts ive seen in a while... to sig or not to sig

Quote by Kenny77
Awesome.

Quote by Kensai
Probably from india. Most bad things come from there.
I'd say it's the cables.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by happytimeharry
audio and video quality is pretty much the same when comparing Monster cables to cheap ones. The main difference is build quality and shielding. Monster cables come with lifetime guarantees if I'm not mistaken. That being said, I would much rather go with cheap cables. No way in hell am I spending $100 for HDMI cables encased in fancy mesh.

those hundred dollar monster cables are guaranteed so that if another cable that's better than HDMI come out, monster will replace it for free.

that being said, i'd never spend $100 for a cable.
Sent from my iPad.
$100 is excessive, but do not buy bargain bin hdmi cables... they aren't as good and won't last nearly as long. After replacing mine for the second time i got a good one, and it's definitely worth the extra money.
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
i have the exact same tv and the same thing happened to me a while back.
i dont know if u still have the warranty, but i sent my xbox back and they gave me a new one that works fine.