Out of a T.C. Electronic Nova Delay, and a Line 6 DL4, which is the better delay pedal?

I'll use it for spacious echoes for indie stuff, and then for general use as a rock delay.

So basically, over all, which is the better delay?
Quote by Mitchell?
Out of a T.C. Electronic Nova Delay, and a Line 6 DL4, which is the better delay pedal?

I'll use it for spacious echoes for indie stuff, and then for general use as a rock delay.

So basically, over all, which is the better delay?

Nova Delay, imo- has a better build quality, and I prefer the tone, however; I know a lot of guys who LOVE the Line6 DL4's--so, either one will likely accomplish what you're looking for.

As an owner of the Nova Delay, I am going to give you a biased answer of "go with the Nova". Great pedal with great features....I hate nothing about it. Tap tempo is great.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I would go for the Nova. TC Electronic stuff is very high quality buildwise and soundwise. The Line6 is good, but not quite as pristine sounding as the Nova.
Oh the subjectivity!
Quote by starsnostars
Quote by joe124
I heart god speed you! black emporer

not enough to spell their name right.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

TREMOLO PICKING CRESCENDO CZAR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Thunderpants
Oh the subjectivity!

And your point is, that there is a non-subjective/objective way to answer the TS' questions, seeking subjective opinions?

Please illustrate

EDIT: Guess no elaboration from the troll
Last edited by zachman5150 at Jan 20, 2009,
Never having had the opportunity to try out a TC ND-1, I'll have to play devil's advocate here and sing the praises of the DL4. I'm really, extremely happy with that box. I play a lot of atmospheric type stuff (Isis, Mogwai, along that vein), and I couldn't be happier with the sounds I can get for that type of application. Obscenely simple to use, too.
I'm more a rack delay guy, and use a TC Electronic 2290 as my primary delay of choice, also use an Eventide H8000FW, Lexicon PCM-80, Rocktron Intellifex and a few other goodies here and there (yes, pedals too), but prefer the TC 2290, and have been using them since 1987, and haven't found ANYTHING that dethrones it-- though I do like some other rack delay units such as the Lexicon PCM42, Roland SDE3000, AMS S-DMX 15-80S, but TC Electronic holds a special place for me.

They are NOT cheap... but they RULE. I digress, TC Electronic is a name that is synonymous with quality.
You asked the exact same question a couple of weeks back and Nova Delay won by a landslide.
Why ask again?
Nova Delay.

Not only is it a better pedal....but it sounds cooler when you say it.

Do you think chicks would rather screw guys who play boring-ass "dl4's" or guys who play
NOVA DELAYs.

Easy choice, dude.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
Quote by Guitartist
Do you think chicks would rather screw guys who play boring-ass "dl4's" or guys who play
NOVA DELAYs.

+1 I don't see why anyone would want to be like Edge, John Frusciante, John Mayer, Adam Jones, John 5, and all the other sad losers who who use that POS DL-4.
Thanks for the help everyone.

Quote by Horlicks
You asked the exact same question a couple of weeks back and Nova Delay won by a landslide.
Why ask again?

I asked about delay's a while back and everyone recommended the DD-3. I don't like/want a DD-3, that make you happy?