(I attached a pic)

its an Ibanez RG4EX1

Long story short:
the saddle piece on the B string slides forward, when I try to tighten it. What do I do?

The full thing: (probably hard to understand)
Ok, so I bought a pack of strings, but it turns out they were too thick, and one was too short. I was able to get the old high E string on with ease, but when I tighten the B string, the saddle piece (???) scoots forward, so I can't tune with those tuning pegs on the bridge.

I thought maybe If I tighten the screw ( the one closest to the bridge pickup) then It wouldn't slide forward, But I didn't even want to try, because I thought I would break something.

So, what do I do?

Edit: Also, If you look closely on the pic, the screw is closer to the top on the high b and e strings. There is a hole so that I can move them to the same position as the other strings, but i don't think thats such a good Idea...
Attachments:
GetAttachment[1].jpg
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
Last edited by StopReadingThis at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by stratdud39
um ireally dont know...maybe try to tighten the screw? dont do that cuz is said so though...this may just be because the Edge III is an awful FR

this.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by kaosxrocker
this.

I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
They shouldn't be inline like that. Set the intonation properly. Its a bitch with a Floyd, so if you dont want to do it, get a tech to. You need to tighten the screw you mentioned, the one closest to the bridge pickup.
Quote by stratdud39
um ireally dont know...maybe try to tighten the screw? dont do that cuz is said so though...this may just be because the Edge III is an awful FR

+1

Don't worry, replacements aren't all that expensive. the Gotoh FR is only about $107 if you order through LP addict (a user here; he has dealer status with AllParts. you'll find him in GB&C).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
ffs just stop bashing the edge3...

To TS, you just need to adjust your intonation back to its normal position for that particular string. Read my tutorial (sticky on top of EG section)
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by oneblackened
+1

Don't worry, replacements aren't all that expensive. the Gotoh FR is only about $107 if you order through LP addict (a user here; he has dealer status with AllParts. you'll find him in GB&C).

hmmm I shall look into that come tax refund time. Does it always fit in the Edge 3 Route?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Sorry if this is too harsh/ unhelpful, but if that's an Edge III, you got what you deserve.
My Gear:
Ibanez ART300 electric
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt combo amp
Yamaha FG-130 acoustic

There is no God.
Quote by cohen5250
Sorry if this is too harsh/ unhelpful, but if that's an Edge III, you got what you deserve.

Oh yeah, he paid money for a decent guitar... he definitely deserves to have the saddle slide forward...

TS, did you try tightening the intonation screw?