I dont get why people like them so much i mean they seem like theyd be fun to mod but the lack of EQ is sorta pointless due to how expensive they are and most are under 100 watts at the same price i could maybe even get a carvin which blow em out of the water. Can someone please explain what i dont understand about them.
I use a line 6 what of it?
Have you ever played an Orange amp?
The tone you get it unbelievable.
Pretty much every studio will have an orange amp of some sort lying around.

Plus the Orange tolex rules.
Quote by Eat_0n_Kent
Have you ever played an Orange amp?
The tone you get it unbelievable.
Pretty much every studio will have an orange amp of some sort lying around.

Plus the Orange tolex rules.

This.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
no EQ?...less than a 100w?...okay bye
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
I don't think you have ever played one if you talk about them like that. The tiny terror lacks an EQ, true. But it's also their lowest end tube amp.

I personally hate the orange tolex, but they sound godly.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
ive only played em maybe once or twice and i wasnt blown away (btw before ppl yell at me for my signature i own a valveking and a carvin so dont judge). In my opinion the style and look is great but for the price you could get better.
Quote by Muffin Murderer
ive only played em maybe once or twice and i wasnt blown away (btw before ppl yell at me for my signature i own a valveking and a carvin so dont judge). In my opinion the style and look is great but for the price you could get better.

The VK isn't a very nice amp...it's passable. What kind of Carvin? They some poor amps. Some very nice ones too though.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
I don't think you have ever played one if you talk about them like that. The tiny terror lacks an EQ, true. But it's also their lowest end tube amp.

I personally hate the orange tolex, but they sound godly.
The TT doesn't even need an EQ, it sounds epic the way it is.
Quote by Muffin Murderer
In my opinion the style and look is great but for the price you could get better.

+1

I've never really understood why people in the US would buy them when you have people like Splawn, VHT, Mesa, Soldano, Dr Z, Divided by 13, Budda, Metropoulos (for the Marshallyness) etc that make amps a squillion times better and more versatile...

In spite of perception, Oranges aren't boutique amps, and neither are Mesas (well, they're not hand wired, but they aren't really made in a factory, either) but Oranges are decent amps. Nothing special if you have 2 or 3 grand to spend, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by whiteraven119
The TT doesn't even need an EQ, it sounds epic the way it is.

Eh, I still prefer to meddle with EQ. I like having that control. I do agree it sounds wonderful unequalized though.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Alright let me clarify myself im not saying orange amps are bad but for the price its insane. For the same price you could get amps that are leaps and bounds better (excluding the TT).
Btw i own a carvin V3.
Quote by Raijouta
+1

I've never really understood why people in the US would buy them when you have people like Splawn, VHT, Mesa, Soldano, Dr Z, Divided by 13, Budda, Metropoulos (for the Marshallyness) etc that make amps a squillion times better and more versatile...

In spite of perception, Oranges aren't boutique amps, and neither are Mesas (well, they're not hand wired, but they aren't really made in a factory, either) but Oranges are decent amps. Nothing special if you have 2 or 3 grand to spend, though.

My sentiments exactly. I've never been particularly impressed by an Orange amp and they're certainly not worth what US dealers are charging for them.
Quote by Muffin Murderer
Alright let me clarify myself im not saying orange amps are bad but for the price its insane. For the same price you could get amps that are leaps and bounds better (excluding the TT).
Btw i own a carvin V3.

Ah, the V3 is nice.

Yeah, there are better amps for the price. I definitely agree with that. I still love their tone though.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Muffin Murderer
I dont get why people like them so much i mean they seem like theyd be fun to mod but the lack of EQ is sorta pointless due to how expensive they are and most are under 100 watts at the same price i could maybe even get a carvin which blow em out of the water. Can someone please explain what i dont understand about them.

Youre an idiot. Theres a 200 watt thunderverb, bass amp, etc.

Oranges, and yes i am slighlty biased, ARE the focking fury.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
yeah if it was cheaper id buy a orange halfstack right now but the price is over 2000 or 3000 bucks BTW all im buying a TT because i can auctally sort of understand the piceing there.
im thinking about a dual terror depending on the priceee
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
sry for double post (if i do) but i was mostly saying the TT had now EQ and any orange amps with an EQ were overpriced my bad for the confusion.
So your asking whats the deal with them, and they are not that good according to you....but you are buying one?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
yeah i know how it sounds but the TT is good and the price isnt to wierd imo for the TT but the rest is overpriced. (hmm i just realized i sound retarded...) I guess all i can say is that the pricing is stupid but the tone and style are too signature not to own at least one.
They are british, that's why. Fenders sound awesome, and are cheap as hell for the most part, because they are made in USA. Marshalls arent worth what you pay either IMO, but it supply and demand, its just the way it works.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Uh-oh, watch out kids.

We've got another non-punctuater on our hands here.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com