Poll Options
View poll results: are you excited?
yes!
6 8%
no.
15 19%
i'm not risking a contract with sprint
12 16%
what's this pre contraption you speak of, whippersnapper?
44 57%
Voters: 77.
Page 1 of 2
i kind of am. first phone to beat the iphone? me wanteeeeee!

are you excited for the palm pre?

or are you too big of a pussy to risk selling your soul to sprint when you sign their contract?

for those of you who do not know ...

http://www.webosarena.com/

it should be something, considering that the announcement itself made palm's miserable circuit-city like stock jump around three billion percent.
Sent from my iPad.
I'm not but I am excited about CoB bring the Blooddrunk tour to ****ing Toronto.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
My boss got an I phone a few weeks ago. It rocks.
I will look into it.
I'm looking for new internet access. These damn phones are going to make computers obsolete.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Palm sucks in my opinion.

I would love for anything to beat the iPhone out, finally, but I've tried Palm phones and haven't like any of them.
^watch videos on the gadget, young one. i, too, that palm was a large bag of **** once. that is, until they revealed this phone and their new WebOS.
Quote by slaveofsatan
I'm not but I am excited about CoB bring the Blooddrunk tour to ****ing Toronto.

CoB?

the 9th grade called, it wants it washed up taste in music back.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
^watch videos on the gadget, young one. i, too, that palm was a large bag of **** once. that is, until they revealed this phone and their new WebOS.

CoB?

I'm in ninth grade XD...so whatever.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Never heard of it. But it obviously can't beat Mac's brand name status of over priced goods
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I like the look/features/form of the HTC touch pro and the Sony X1 much better.

The side-slide out qwerty is a much better idea than the bottom-slide out qwerty.
Quote by slaveofsatan
I'm in ninth grade XD...so whatever.

HA! Alex got owned.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by paintITblack39

CoB?

Dude, way to use a washed up joke...

At least be clever... call them like:

Children of Fag-dom...

/sarcasm.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
As good as that phone may be, I am extremely satisfied with my Blackberry and wouldn't consider investing a large sum of money to get a phone like that. Looks friggin awesome though.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by black-sabbath
HA! Alex got owned.

I realy don't care i can listen to what i want to listen to...
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Quote by freedoms_stain
I like the look/features/form of the HTC touch pro and the Sony X1 much better.

The side-slide out qwerty is a much better idea than the bottom-slide out qwerty.

i like the touch pro, too, except the fact that it uses windows mobile. seriously, the only two good cell phone OSes out right now are probably android and the iphone operating system simply because they have a ton of awesome apps available.
Quote by metaldud536
What? I'm sorry I'm too busy pretending I have an iPhone

... scrub.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by porker117
fu*k sprint

i would love a palm pre. but sprint?

May I ask what's wrong with Sprint?
Quote by drevil814
May I ask what's wrong with Sprint?

the fact that at one point they would drop their customers if they asked too many questions or complained too much to customer service. they also like to change your contract constantly.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
i like the touch pro, too, except the fact that it uses windows mobile. seriously, the only two good cell phone OSes out right now are probably android and the iphone operating system simply because they have a ton of awesome apps available.
I tried one out, windows mobile is more "back line" on it than other windows running phones.

My main gripe about it was that you pretty much must use the stylus when accessing windows features because everything is too small for finger accuracy.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I tried one out, windows mobile is more "back line" on it than other windows running phones.

My main gripe about it was that you pretty much must use the stylus when accessing windows features because everything is too small for finger accuracy.

yes, that was another complaint of mine. but if i had to go with a phone from sprint or at&t (they call it the "fuze"), i'd go with the touch pro, for now.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
the fact that at one point they would drop their customers if they asked too many questions or complained too much to customer service. they also like to change your contract constantly.

Well recently they redid their customer service. In 2007, Sprint was ranked last in customer service, and they took notic of this and revamped it. In 2008 they were ranked first. They seemed to have finally decided on the rate plan line up they want to offer and they offer the same things as Verizon and AT&T but do it cheaper. The main drawback I've found with them is that they don't have as wide as a customer base as AT&T or Verizon so the mobile to mobile aspect seems almost obsolete outside of a sigle family or group of friends. Sprint's $99 Simply Everything plan is remarkable in my opinion, especially since to get that plan with AT&T it would cost close to $150.
Quote by drevil814
Well recently they redid their customer service. In 2007, Sprint was ranked last in customer service, and they took notic of this and revamped it. In 2008 they were ranked first. They seemed to have finally decided on the rate plan line up they want to offer and they offer the same things as Verizon and AT&T but do it cheaper. The main drawback I've found with them is that they don't have as wide as a customer base as AT&T or Verizon so the mobile to mobile aspect seems almost obsolete outside of a sigle family or group of friends. Sprint's $99 Simply Everything plan is remarkable in my opinion, especially since to get that plan with AT&T it would cost close to $150.

i agree, sprint has enhanced their customer service plan, but i still here of people dropping sprint because of contract issues. so there's still something wrong.
Sent from my iPad.
If I wasn't in a contract with AT&T and didn't already have an iPhone, I'd go for a Pre. I might switch to Sprint at the end of my current contract. Their unlimited everything package is mighty enticing.
Sounds interesting. I hope it does beat out the iPhone. Mac's have decent stuff, but enough with the overpriced sh**. It's why I'll never own anything Mac. Not even an iPod. I'll stick with my Sony MP3 player thank you very much.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Sounds interesting. I hope it does beat out the iPhone. Mac's have decent stuff, but enough with the overpriced sh**.

$199 is hardly what I would call "over priced."
Quote by paintITblack39
i agree, sprint has enhanced their customer service plan, but i still here of people dropping sprint because of contract issues. so there's still something wrong.

The only reason I know of Sprint dropping people is if Sprint doesn't have a tower in their area and the person is in roaming all the time. Since Sprint pays for roaming, they don't like the idea of paying more than they're getting out of someone, but I know that Verizon does the same thing.
Quote by happytimeharry

It's not $199 in Canada. It's a LOT more expensive. On top of that, the plan is a ridiculously expensive price(Canadian telecommunications is a joke, but that's another matter).
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
It's not $199 in Canada. It's a LOT more expensive. On top of that, the plan is a ridiculously expensive price(Canadian telecommunications is a joke, but that's another matter).

Ah yeah, didn't notice you're in Canada. That makes a difference. Isn't Rogers the carrier that has iPhones up there? I've heard quite some horror stories about them.
meh. from what ive heard, sprint mostly sucks.

but that phone looks pretty sweet. i think id still rather have the iPhone, but if i got the chance to use one of those and see what it is like, i might change my mind.
it's just another phone that's trying to compete with the iPhone. and it just can't.
give me ONE good reason why it's better.
just try to give me ONE.
Quote by happytimeharry

but the plan that at&t provides with it is horrendous.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by clearchaos
it's just another phone that's trying to compete with the iPhone. and it just can't.
give me ONE good reason why it's better.
just try to give me ONE.
Full keyboard of buttons.

That alone makes it better.

I don't understand this touch screen fad. Fingers + screen = smudges.
Quote by daytripper75
meh. from what ive heard, sprint mostly sucks.

Sprint as a service provider isn't really all that bad, but their customer service is absolutely dreadful. I had to sell their phones and I loathed speaking with their reps and trying to solve problems for customers. They would refuse to do even the most trivial of procedures like removing features. It was painfully obvious they all hated life.

Quote by paintITblack39
but the plan that at&t provides with it is horrendous.

Meh, I'm on a family plan so it isn't so bad. Yeah, the individual plans are pretty crappy though.
Quote by happytimeharry
Sprint as a service provider isn't really all that bad, but their customer service is absolutely dreadful. I had to sell their phones and I loathed speaking with their reps and trying to solve problems for customers. They would refuse to do even the most trivial of procedures like removing features. It was painfully obvious they all hated life.

How long ago was that?
Quote by freedoms_stain

the addition of copy & paste also helps.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by freedoms_stain

i have no problem with smudges. i like to keep my hands washed, and if they ARE dirty, i'll at least wipe them on my pants before touching my iPhone.
Quote by happytimeharry
Ah yeah, didn't notice you're in Canada. That makes a difference. Isn't Rogers the carrier that has iPhones up there? I've heard quite some horror stories about them.

Rogers is the best carrier in my area (people that get iPhone data packages are fools).

Telus is the one that's garbage.
Quote by paintITblack39
the addition of copy & paste also helps.

jailbroken iPhone has copy/paste.
learn your competition.
Quote by clearchaos
jailbroken iPhone has copy/paste.
learn your competition.

O_o

Since when? It looks like I might have to re-jailbreak mine.
Page 1 of 2