are there any scales out there for playing that are more common than others... the type of music i play is a mix of metal/rock maybe along the lines of nu-metal ?? something sounding sevendust-ish . i have always basically played by ear and am wanting to start leanring some more and was curious as to wether that are more common scales than others to build off of ?
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Pentatonic.

/thread.

But seriously.

That's it - major and minor. You could throw in the blues scale for good measure, though.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
D minor and C minor all the way. If the band plays in drop c its usually c minor and if they are playing drop d or d standard they're most likely playing d minor. Theres a lot a phrygian used as well so train your ear to find those different scales!

Good luck!
thanks guys... and i am not trying to get into a debate about who likes who, i am just pointing out roughly what type of music i play. i have always played using tabs or figuring something out by ear. i am just now trying to leanr the proper way to play the instrument, and was wanting to get a few opinions on exactly where i should start according to the style i play seeing as how i would like to start coming up with some stuff of my own. thanks again
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!