I've heard a few people say something about building a certain pedal into their guitar. So I was just gonna ask what all it took, how hard it would be, and if you could even do that with a bass. Alls I wanna do is build a distortion pedal straight into my bass, one that I can activate by hitting a simple little switch on the pickguard or something to that effect.

I'm also kinda in the process of building a guitar, so if you guys could tell me how I might do it to the guitar too, that would be awesome.
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
Yeah this is what I also wanna do. This weekend I'm going to wire in my Double Muff (leaving it outside the bass) between the signal and output to see if I can get it working. If it sounds cool I'm gonna route a massive hole in my bass and build a clone Muff Fuzz circuit.

I would be very keen to see some pics or hear about anyone else who has tried to do this.
If I can get some people to answer my questions in the Gameboy Synth topic, I might very well be doing this. How awesome would it be to have a gameboy built into my pickguard that can work as a built-in synth for my bass? VERY awesome. That's the answer.
-Edgar Degas
But a Gameboy would take up a lot of room with components completely irrelevant to music-making. Would be cool have a visible Gameboy interface, with a simpler circuit underneath. I don't really know but I'm guessing a synth circuit would be ****ing complicated anyway.
Oh, there would definitely be alot of used up space, but I don't know if I could resist the idea of having the face of the thing just sticking out of my pickguard. Maybe I could use the space beneath to add something else in as well. Then again, I'm not trying to make this bass look all smooth and efficient. I'm kinda liking the idea of it looking like it was all bitchslapped together.

Yeah, I was thinking that making a synth circuit would be horrible too, but they keep talking like it's easy as pie... they just won't tell me what to actually do...
-Edgar Degas
Gah! Ninja-posting gets me every time!

Do they make these for Bass/Would this work for bass?
-Edgar Degas
Quote by Tone Deaf
Gah! Ninja-posting gets me every time!

Do they make these for Bass/Would this work for bass?

look at the reviews for the product on harmony central. there are a few people on there who have put them on basses and it sounds like they have worked well.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I'd wanna make the circuit myself just to prove that I could, plus that way it'd be easier to customise it.