I've had this bass for about 8 years now, so I decided to repaint it. I like the look of flat black, so thats what color I painted it I also painted the headstock to match. I taped off a nautical star on the front, so that it would show in the glossy black paint.

Starting point:

Neck removed:

Body:

Pickguard removed:

Headstock taped off:

Nautical star taped off:

Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jan 19, 2009,
Everything came out OK without removing the ferrules or the pickups. I taped one pickup and put it back in, then I taped completely over the other one because the pickguard covers the area around this one. One thing I need to do, is replace the screws that hold the pickguard on...they are all rusted. You can see this in a couple of the pics.
Quote by eyebanez333
Everything came out OK without removing the ferrules or the pickups. I taped one pickup and put it back in, then I taped completely over the other one because the pickguard covers the area around this one. One thing I need to do, is replace the screws that hold the pickguard on...they are all rusted. You can see this in a couple of the pics.

Clean them up as good as you can and paint them black.
^That's a good idea. My camera is shitty...so these pics look bad. The flash makes a lot of light areas on the body of the guitar that aren't there...but you can't see shit without the flash on.