Page 1 of 2
Today she texted me saying she needed to get her wallet back from me asap (she elft it at my house) because she needed her health card. So on giving it back to her I was told that she was going to the hospital because of emotional troubles. She suffers from..I'm honestly not that sure, dispression I guess you could say, she's on prozac, and something else I believe. Anyways, something set her off today and she didn't feel comfortable being at home, because she knew as soon as she was left alone she would probably try to hurt herself.

So anyways, her mother took her to the hospital and she has been admitted into the psych ward. She's most likely going to stay the night, and probably have everything taken away from her (possessions/clothes) because the doctors don't like to take any chances.

I just called her cell to see how she was doing, and she's in a waiting room that she described to look like one of those spooky hospital rooms from a horror movie: one chair, a 6 inche thick steel door with 3 locks, a camera in the ceiling, and the floor is blue with shoe marks all over it and continuing up the walls to the ceiling. Needless to say, she's pretty scared, and I feel for her, but there's nothing I can do right now.

I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight, and I don't know if she will be able to either.

I wish her the best and hope she recovers soon.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Sorry to say this, but put it in a blog. There's no question, dude.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Is it at all possible for you to go to the hospital with her?
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
How the hell does she get reception in there? And what's with all these depression threads today?

Anyway good luck with her.
Quote by technicolour
Today she texted me saying she needed to get her wallet back from me asap (she elft it at my house) because she needed her health card. So on giving it back to her I was told that she was going to the hospital because of emotional troubles. She suffers from..I'm honestly not that sure, dispression I guess you could say, she's on prozac, and something else I believe. Anyways, something set her off today and she didn't feel comfortable being at home, because she knew as soon as she was left alone she would probably try to hurt herself.

So anyways, her mother took her to the hospital and she has been admitted into the psych ward. She's most likely going to stay the night, and probably have everything taken away from her (possessions/clothes) because the doctors don't like to take any chances.

I just called her cell to see how she was doing, and she's in a waiting room that she described to look like one of those spooky hospital rooms from a horror movie: one chair, a 6 inche thick steel door with 3 locks, a camera in the ceiling, and the floor is blue with shoe marks all over it and continuing up the walls to the ceiling. Needless to say, she's pretty scared, and I feel for her, but there's nothing I can do right now.

I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight, and I don't know if she will be able to either.

They are gonna scare her straight.

I wonder what makes them think when someone is having emotional problems they want to be stuck in a depressing room, alone.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by Erik_Aero
*screwed up picture*

Not funny. At all.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by Erik_Aero

In all serious though, I hope you and your girlfriend get through this. I feel for you.
im sorry man thats terrible.its happened to me before and to others i no and its real scary but shes in good hands u can believe that.
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
I had always told girls I was going to **** them so hard, they'd have to go to the hospital. I guess I'm not a liar.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
That blows dude, I hope she gets better.
Don't listen to the people that apparently have no emotions or at least serious ones.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by Froboarder
Sorry to say this, but put it in a blog. There's no question, dude.

Actually, you're 100% right, but in all honesty, I think more people will read it this way. And yes it's better if more people read it because that way I get more solace, may seem selfish, but if I didn't want anyone to hear about this, I'd not write anything...or write it in my blog

And, yeah I wanted to go to the hospital with her, but her mother went with her and I have responsiblities. And, her mother is stuck in the waiting room now, while she's in a seperate room waiting for a doctor, so I don't think I would have been allowed in that seperate room with her/it might be awkward for her to have me there while teh doctor discusses how suicidal she is...
I know the feeling. Whatever you do, DON'T LET THEM PUT HER IN A MENTAL HOSPITAL. That'll do much more harm than good. If anything, it'll just give her all the more reason to be depressed, and just drive her half-insane.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Quote by atthedrive-thru
sorry, but i stopped reading after dispression

Cause you know, it's only a teenaged angst thing..not a legit mental disorder or anything..
Quote by Rockingbird
I know the feeling. Whatever you do, DON'T LET THEM PUT HER IN A MENTAL HOSPITAL. That'll do much more harm than good. If anything, it'll just give her all the more reason to be depressed, and just drive her half-insane.

This.
Is a hospital really neccessary for depression?
I reckon some weekly therapy sessions is all that is needed
You can be kept in the Psych ward for only 30 Days, then you're admitted into the Mental Hospital.
Quote by Filter
You can be kept in the Psych ward for only 30 Days, then you're admitted into the Mental Hospital.

Well hopefully it'll just be for the night, and she either feel more balanced in the morning, or they'll prescribe more meds/therapy, or both.
She wont go to a mental hospital unless she has some SERIOUS issues.

If she did, TS would know.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by technicolour
Actually, you're 100% right, but in all honesty, I think more people will read it this way. And yes it's better if more people read it because that way I get more solace, may seem selfish, but if I didn't want anyone to hear about this, I'd not write anything...or write it in my blog

Fair enough. Hope she gets well soon.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by technicolour
Cause you know, it's only a teenaged angst thing..not a legit mental disorder or anything..

no i didn't mean any offense by it, i just had to point out that mistake

but after reading i'm sorry man, i had a friend that the same thing kinda happened to not too long ago, didn't mean to sound like a dick or anything
Quote by technicolour

Lame.
Crazy bitches are ****in fantastic in the sack. Especially when they're on a crazy streak.

Go **** that bitch!

Seriously though, I hope she gets better soon.
All I have to say is been there done that.

Oh yeah she isn't gonna be there for one night. Try about a week at the least.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Back the fuck up. She has cellphone service in a room like that?? My phone gets shitty service in my basement bedroom.
TL;DR

Just kidding, I'm praying for you and for her.
OPINIONATED STATEMENT

Meaningful Song Lyrics
Inside my signature
Make me look deep
And misunderstood

Quote by Pannenkoeken
Out of context hilarious quote!

Quote by Pannenkoeken
Out of context compliment!

My Gear:
Awesome Shit
Cool Shit
Shitty Shit

Quote by Erik_Aero

too soon haha
but seriously yeah i would see if you can go there and if you cant just stay on the phone with her and talk about happier times
Quote by atthedrive-thru
no i didn't mean any offense by it, i just had to point out that mistake

but after reading i'm sorry man, i had a friend that the same thing kinda happened to not too long ago, didn't mean to sound like a dick or anything

Oh, my bad.

ANd at her being in there for a week, I hope not. She called me back, and a doctor still hasn't seen her yet, it's been an hour (an hour since she was put in a seperate room then her mother), in total it's been over 3 hours since they got to the hospital.

Canadian health system.
Quote by Jericho114
They are gonna scare her straight.

I wonder what makes them think when someone is having emotional problems they want to be stuck in a depressing room, alone.

It's probably got a lot to do with their no doubt depressingly small budget.
No-one ever got elected on the strength of being a crusader for the mentally ill. It's not a sexy issue and the mentally ill can't usually speak very loudly for themselves (although I did see one shouting obscenities at government buildings last night).

That's the problem with the way electioneering is done: Motorways get more votes than the mentally ill.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by technicolour
Oh, my bad.

ANd at her being in there for a week, I hope not. She called me back, and a doctor still hasn't seen her yet, it's been an hour (an hour since she was put in a seperate room then her mother), in total it's been over 3 hours since they got to the hospital.

Canadian health system.

You get what you pay for.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by technicolour
Oh, my bad.

Canadian health system.

Yeah pretty much the same thing happened to me way back when. I was in the hospital awhile. Then they thought I should go to the mental place or rehab or whatever they prefer to call it. Told me for a day or two. Was in there for about a week. It isn't that bad. Just a little blah at first. Food is good. No reason to get upset.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
best of luck dude
this would just **** with my mind
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by RockGuitar92
Yeah pretty much the same thing happened to me way back when. I was in the hospital awhile. Then they thought I should go to the mental place or rehab or whatever they prefer to call it. Told me for a day or two. Was in there for about a week. It isn't that bad. Just a little blah at first. Food is good. No reason to get upset.

Well the thought of it doesn't bug me as much as it bugs her, then she'd have to eat breakfast and congregate with all types of folk, some of which may be especially unsavourable.
I feel for your girlfriend, TS. Hospitals can be scary places; I remember staying in one overnight earlier this summer, when they thought I might have had leukemia. It wasn't a fun experience, so my thoughts and prayers go out to your gf.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Page 1 of 2