Ok so at the end of the year me and my band want to host some kind of benefit concert. We have a local park by us that has a horse kind of track and its all sand and its fenced in which we could build the stage in there and have that be where everybody stands. Plus a lot of events in my town take place at that park so i thought that would be nice because its roomy and has food stands and all that. Or we could rent out the rave in milwaukee, wisconsin which is like an hour away and have a real stage area and probably more room and better sound equipment but it might be pricey to rent it and its kinda far away. And we are the main band which we are mainly thrash metal but will play all kinds of music and we will have a bunch of bands from the area to play too. Think its a good idea. oh and its for a kids dad at my school because he's dying from some kind of brain disease so we wanted to help.

PS: Sorry if its the wrong thread i couldn't seem to place it anywhere else.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Sounds pretty cool. If you want it to be a benefit, I'd edge away from the thrash. You'll get more attention from the wealthier citizens and such if you play more "respectable" music. Not that I don't like trash. I do.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
sounds good i would do it at the local park because it is less pricey and more local will show up and locals would donate more because they would most likely know the dad. i think artemis enteri is right about the thrash music. i hope it works and good luck
Rent the rave. I'll come, and a lot of people know the Rave over the horse track.
EDIT: Where do you live? We could jam sometime.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Last edited by Jango22 at Jan 19, 2009,
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Sounds pretty cool. If you want it to be a benefit, I'd edge away from the thrash. You'll get more attention from the wealthier citizens and such if you play more "respectable" music. Not that I don't like trash. I do.

Well i know we're not gonna go crazy as hell and tell everyone to kill each other. We're just gonna play a variety of fun to listen to music. We're probably gonna play songs a lot of people know and love like metallica, ozzy, red hot chili peppers, ramones, and a bunch of other well known bands. Plus we got a lot of other kinds of bands.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Yeah, definitely the Rave. I was just there a week ago and it's probably my favorite venue. I'll go if you have it there.
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
Quote by Shredxmyheart
Yeah, definitely the Rave. I was just there a week ago and it's probably my favorite venue. I'll go if you have it there.

Yea i'll totally rent it out some day just not for this benefit thing because i want it to be my school which i doubt any of them would want to drive that far. But don't worry i'll be startin the new thrash underground at the rave sometime soon for fun.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Do it. I'll get a trash band together and help.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Quote by bfredder92
Yea i'll totally rent it out some day just not for this benefit thing because i want it to be my school which i doubt any of them would want to drive that far. But don't worry i'll be startin the new thrash underground at the rave sometime soon for fun.

good point, but let me know if you ever do play the Rave. I'd love to come support a fellow UGer.
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
Quote by Jango22
Rent the rave. I'll come, and a lot of people know the Rave over the horse track.
EDIT: Where do you live? We could jam sometime.

Mchenry county area. Yea i really need my band to play we havn't gotten together fully once lol.and 2 of our members just started learning so yea do u play guitar or bass?
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Guitar. I think we're too far apart though. I'm right near Calumet county.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
Guitar. I think we're too far apart though. I'm right near Calumet county.

Just add me as a friend or something im gonna need bands to play at the rave later on.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Added.
Gear: