I just received the POD today and I must say that it totally blew away my expectations. I was looking for something that could be used for practicing, computer interface, as well as a light duty studio tool, more for practice and interface than any thing. After spending some time with it and going through most of the amp models I feel this is one of the best purchase I have ever made to better me as a musician. Not only is this a great for practice tool, but the amp models sound very good for the most part, and the FX I need sound great too, (Delay, and reverb). I see why many people are switching to amp modelers these days, honestly with a good tube power amp and foot controller I think I could use this as my main rig and really have a Killer tone. I don't think it will be replacing my triple XXX yet, but must say the POD is pretty awesome. Its really amazing that I have 32 amp models and 16 cab models as well as some decent FX in a box that weighs less than five pounds and sounds good enough to fool most. Honestly at times when I was doing some lead work with the Soldano Model with the gain soaring, it felt like I was listen to a real awesome tube amp with some verb and delay going on with a very nice tone. Love how it acts like a tube amp as well, the black face mod is a good example of this as well as the JCM 800 mod, the blackface can be setup to be very driven but with a quick roll back on your guitar its right back to clean same with the JCM 800, I did have a little trouble get that classic sweet spot that is clean when your picking lightly then OD when you dig in, the POD would do that but not nearly as well as the real thing. All in all its an awesome product that I will use daily, its a heck of a lot easier to record and practice with this instead off getting out my whole rig, and honestly for recording I think it going to exactly what I need and then some, I would not have a problem using this for a CD for anyone.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Does it work well through an amp?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I use it mostly for the cleans (with delay, reverb, chorus). Where do you get all the cabs and stuff? on that software? cause i have it but idk how to record with those effects on, i just record straight from the POD and the cab model doesnt get added. IDK
Haven't tried that yet, my amp is not at my house, its where my band practices. I'm sure it will sound good, it sounds awesome through my studio monitors.
Quote by Cachao

My Gear
Guild DV6
Quote by Pabli7o
I use it mostly for the cleans (with delay, reverb, chorus). Where do you get all the cabs and stuff? on that software? cause i have it but idk how to record with those effects on, i just record straight from the POD and the cab model doesnt get added. IDK

Read your Manual, I had this thing less than 6 hours and know more about it than you.
If you hold the tap button and then scroll through the FX it will allow you to change form 16 different cabs, and man doses that ever change the way the amp models sounds,
Quote by Cachao

My Gear
Guild DV6