Page 1 of 2
Hi

I these days have this problem.
When I'm trying to sleep but people make noise, I get stressed of it.
I usually go to bed at about 8 or 9 Pm (wake up at 5 or 6 am)
but my family don't so they watch Tv quite loudly for me and talk loudly and so on...

Soo.. here's the question

Do you know any music that are soft and relaxing but don't have vocals?

I never use Earphones but I think I'm going to use that.

And Has anyone used Earplugs? and Does it work?
Ocean/tropical/rain forest sounds helps. Me personally, i like to blast Tool when i go to sleep.
Sail upon the open skies
best thing would be pink floyd through noise cancelling headphones.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by angusfan16
Ocean/tropical/rain forest sounds helps my dad sleep. Me personally, i like to blast Tool when i go to sleep.

What do you mean? Blast tool?
Quote by iantheman

What are noise canceling headphones?
Quote by hayan
What do you mean? Blast tool?

I wouldn't do it but i like to turn my stereo up pretty loud and play Tool. It gets really noisy but very calming.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jan 19, 2009,
I've slept through firefights before. So ya I can sleep through noise.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by ethan_hanus
those foam earplugs work like a charm. just shove them a mile in your ear and it'll dim most of the noise.

ohh really? Thanks Do you have any advise on choosing earplugs btw?
I can't sleep in silence. I sleep in crowds and on park benches

Though, sometimes silence is good, so ear plugs are good
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
That's like my situation. I try to sleep at around 9 or 10, but everyone sleeps so late and the TV is on so ****ing loud. And then when my brother leaves for his night shift at work, he yells to the world how much he loves my dog and goes "I love you love you so much you're so cute!" and I'm just in my room, trying to sleep and when I have enough I have to shout "go **** her already and shut the **** up". It's annoying really, all I ask is for some peace and quiet!
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by iantheman

Whenever I fall asleep to Pink Floyd I always have a terrible night's sleep and wake up in a cold sweat. Avoid.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Ghosts I-IV from Nine Inch Nails works pretty good for me. Ghosts 28, 34, and 36 work the best.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Sigur Ros! Enjoy. Just don't listen to their album () when sleeping. The ending will scare the **** out of you. Hvarf/Heim would be a good album to sleep too.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Buckethead - COLMA

this, but mostly his Electric Tears album
i never make it past the first few songs
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
Quote by sysdown27
this, but mostly his Electric Tears album
i never make it past the first few songs

Yeah, electric tears is good too. But I always found when I was falling asleep the volume levels would red. However, I was probably using ****ty headphones. I'll try it again tonight.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I bought a pillow that you can plug your Ipod into. Try it out, it's pretty awesome.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by Hanzi_G
I bought a pillow that you can plug your Ipod into. Try it out, it's pretty awesome.

woah they actually make something like that?

i used to stash computer speakers hooked up to my ipod between the mattress of my bed and the wall to get that effect
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
I took a nap in the middle of the arena when I went to see AC/DC last month, between their's and the Answer's sets.
Well... I can sleep with headphones in in the car, but not in my bed. So i don't know if it would work for you.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Ahh, my area of expertise.

I used to go to boarding high school where bunk beds and the concept of "two people a room" were considered inconducive to "building character." 7~10 guys in a single room and we had to sleep on the floor, on a flimsy piece of cotton for lack of any more advanced apparatuses of sleep (like a goddamn bed maybe.) It sucked pretty bad because not only could you HEAR footsteps and any other sort of movement, but you could FEEL it, like a thumping. Plus, the annoying thing was, everybody slept at different hours (anytime ranging from 11 pm to 4 am). I also forgot to mention that I slept right next to the door so I had these asshole roommates slamming doors at 3 in the morning.

Which brings us back to how to sleep in noise.

I used to use earplugs (the squasy foamy, stuff you crumple in your ear holes, not the hard kind and definitely not the swimming gear kind) but the thing is, if you have a tendency to toss and turn a lot in your sleep, these will probably fall out after you fall asleep and you might wake up if there's noise then. And if they DO work, you won't be able to wake up until you're COMPLETELY not-tired anymore, which could be good or bad, depending on your situation. I couldn't hear my alarm a few times.

Earphones are okay except if you put your list on shuffle and you suddenly get Cannibal Corpse just when you're about to fall asleep, it just makes you feel kinda ****ty. Oh, and I don't know how this works for other people but to me, earphones stayed in a lot better than 'plugs.

I tried a few things after that: a beanie folded up once so the ears are covered up twice, turning on some classical music on speaker, really loud around my head, quitting school etc..

Quitting school worked fine for me.

But really, try the beanie. Or try it in a combo with something else. Like beanie+plugs.
i blast winds of plague and whitechapel when i go to bed, im not kidding, its the only music i can acutally fall asleep to.
For some reason Amon Amarth tends to knock me out...
Listen to God Is An Astronaut...
Post-rock stuff are good to sleep with..
I hate earplugs.. Feels uncomfortable
I prefer to sleep in blankets.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Oh god yeah. Hell I could fall asleep and my house would get bombed and I wouldn't know a bloody thing.

I'm not British I just felt like using the word bloody.
Gridlock (all albums)
Richard Barbieri (all albums)
Bruno Sanfilippo (all albums)
Buckethead - COLMA/Electric Tears
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
once i fell asleep in band in middle school because i had nothing to do . at the end of the school year i picked up the guitar and never looked back.
I have no problem sleeping with noise, but light on the other hand.. ugh.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Page 1 of 2