Just wrote this the other day. This is probably my second real song I've written.

Let me know what you guys think

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=1tiOMHDxHwI
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
I really like the chords you chose. What tuning are you in, doesn't sound like E standard? The slap harmonics at 0:43 and 0:47 don't seem to ring out well, but I'm not sure if you were just going for an extra percussive beat or if they were really slap harmonics, because they were hard to hear. Maybe work on getting those to ring out clearer and louder, because those are really nice embellishments to the melody.

Absolutely love the melody between 2:00 and 2:10, loved the harmonics.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1049377
Thank you very much for the crit. I was going to crit you this morning! but, I had work, (and it was 6 am) so I thought I'd get my thoughts together first lol.

I was more going for a percussive thing. My strings are a bit dead at the moment though. I actually love the crack the slaps made at the start. With a bit of delay and reverb I love it.

The song is in e standard. Whenever someone listens to my songs they always think it's an alternate tuning. That's a good thing I guess :P I'll crit yours now!

Cheers
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Great song, I really love the chords and that style of acoustic guitar and not everyone can do that. The percussive slaps and harmonics really fit the song well. How long have you been playing?

c4c in my sig if you'd like. :]
Hey, thanks, I've been playing for about 5 years or so... Egh, it's starting to feel like ages :P

I'll crit you now
Quote by sashki
great song and the harmonics are especially nice to hear. If anything, I'd say think about throwing in a more repetitive "chorus" kind of thing with increasing intensity, but thats really just my style and your song sounds great the way it is.

If you get a chance, hit up mine, its called "Another Day"
"One good thing about music is when it hits, you feel no pain."
~ Bob Marley
A really cool arrangement. I really love the slapping and percussion element, thats something ive really been trying to implement into my acoustic playing. a great sounding song, with variation and dynamics. great job on this one.

i rated your vid, check out the vid in my sig?
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Thanks guys I just critted your songs the other day!
Quote by sashki