And there's two of them posted within a week of each other:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/990319714.html

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/msg/999319744.html

Anyone know how good these are? I might consider getting one. They're really cool, and both are going cheap, especially the white one

BTW, If anyone else lives in the Bay Area and is planning on getting one, I call the white one

EDIT: I found a clip on Youtube of a band where the bassist was playing one. Sounded a little on the muddy side, but it was hard to tell

EDIT 2: Sorry, the posting on the first one just expired. Hope it wasn't bought and that it gets reposted in a few days
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Last edited by kugelspot at Jan 20, 2009,
Lol-I saw those while cruising Craigslist this weekend.

Yes they aren't that common. I'd try it out before I purchased one, your comment about muddy tone is common for Gibson instruments in general.
Whoa...I'd be very tempted to buy that if I wasn't a broke college student on the other side of the continent.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by anarkee
Lol-I saw those while cruising Craigslist this weekend.

You live in the Bay Area Tam?

Anyway, here's the one clip I could find on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCqzHn_s0DM
(actually, every song by the band uses it)
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Actually in Santa Cruz County. I spend a good deal of time up in the bay area, esp. San Jose and the Peninsula.
I took a look at some of the other clips of the band that where he uses that bass, and on others the bass is a lot clearer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4TElrHBMv4&feature=channel

And if I put really bright strings on it (Roto 55's, maybe? I'd do 66s, but I'm afraid of fret wear. It is over 25 years old) it would actually be pretty growly and cut through reasonably well.

Any second opinions?
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
^ I probably will. I even have enough money. OK, the problem is that I actually only have $235, but my mom owes me over $300. It's just a matter of getting her to withdraw the money from my bank account (which I'm not allowed to access) because she said she'd just deposit it if I couldn't find a good use for it. I just need to convince her that I need this bass and that opportunities like this are very, very rare.
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Lol I'm trying to find out how many of these they made (to show how rare they are to strengthen my bargaining position) and I found them going for as much as $750-850 in various places!

Anyway, If I get it, I'll post a demo on youtube for all of you
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it! My mom was more easily convinced than I thought she'd be. Though throwing in fun facts like, "They're old and pretty rare," "they're really nice," "I've seen them go for almost twice that elsewhere," and "you still owe me $300" really helped

I'm meeting with the guy a week from this Friday, assuming someone else hasn't already responded to the ad.
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Last edited by kugelspot at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by kugelspot
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it! My mom was more easily convinced than I thought she'd be. Though throwing in fun facts like, "They're old and pretty rare," "they're really nice," "I've seen them go for almost twice that elsewhere," and "you still owe me $300" really helped

I'm meeting with the guy a week from this Friday, assuming someone else hasn't already responded to the ad.

*Insert meme from pit involving raep...*

...Good luck...