I have a bronze BC rich mockingbird, it was my first electric guitar. I was wondering if a new pickup/pickups and new tuners and hardware would be worth it on this guitar. I know that it's made with agathis and tonewood lovers will tell me to burn it, but I won't get much selling it and if I can get it to sound decent then I would rather keep it anyway (I've covered it in stickers and tape plus it has some sentimental/nostalgic value). Help pleez guitar builders/modders?
I would use it for metal most likely. Think Meshuggah or Pig Destroyer. Extreme-ish metal mostly. Also, would a neck from warmoth fit onto this guitar? I'm wanting to make it a baritone.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
i dont think making it a baritone would work, the necky might fit but it would mess up the scales an innotation so you wouldnt be able to tune it

unless im wrong :P

id say upgrade
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
i dont think making it a baritone would work, the necky might fit but it would mess up the scales an innotation so you wouldnt be able to tune it

unless im wrong :P

id say upgrade

I'm 100% sure you're wrong, if you're saying what I think you're saying that is. I know I'd have to adjust the bridge/maybe truss rod and everything to get it set up right, I just don't know if their necks will fit this specific guitar or not.
I wan't to upgrade but I don't want to put a bunch of money into this and end up with a turd will expensive shit stuck on it. NOTE: I AM planning on trying out new pickups on it though. If I don't like them then I'll put them on another guitar, no biggie.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
^

you would have to move where the bridge is on the guitar for the necky and the nck might not even fit in the route
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
^

you would have to move where the bridge is on the guitar for the necky and the nck might not even fit in the route

That's why I wanted to find out if warmoth's necks would fit in before I ordered one. I was just wondering if anyone on here knew if it would fit. I'll check with warmoth if I don't get an answer from UG members. I was really just wondering how much the wood a guitar is made of will limit it. Also, any of the tonal characteristics of agathis anyone knows about would be appreciated. And as for the first thing you said, I'm hoping to get a new bridge, tuners, possibly nut, and pickups for it. Why would I have to move the bridge exactly?
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
I'd say go for it, but I'm biased: My bronze series mockingbird has been my test bench for practically everything from new wiring to routing cavities.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Any comments about agathis? Or (very importantly) any clue on whether or not a warmoth neck would fit in the cavity?
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Last edited by highlordmugfug at Jan 20, 2009,
Warmoth baritone necks fit into standard strat neck pockets and intonate well. What shape is yours?
I don't have a strat to compare or I'd probably already know by now... Damn. My friend has one but it'll be tough to convince him to let me take the neck off of his guitar and stick it on mine. Also, I remember the guy in your sig.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Quote by highlordmugfug
That's why I wanted to find out if warmoth's necks would fit in before I ordered one. I was just wondering if anyone on here knew if it would fit. I'll check with warmoth if I don't get an answer from UG members. I was really just wondering how much the wood a guitar is made of will limit it. Also, any of the tonal characteristics of agathis anyone knows about would be appreciated. And as for the first thing you said, I'm hoping to get a new bridge, tuners, possibly nut, and pickups for it. Why would I have to move the bridge exactly?

You would have to move the bridge because the necks aren't made for a mockingbird. Their necks may or may not be for the correct scale length, and on top of that, may or may not be the correct shape. New neck for the mockingbird without finding a MOCKINGBIRD neck=bad idea.
I don't understand what you mean by the same shape... If I do order the neck and it doesn't fit then I have another guitar that I want to put together at some point from warmoth body and neck + bunch of other hardware (BK pup/pups, grover or sperzel tuners, unsure of the bridge, unsure of the nut, etc.) but I would rather wait to order the neck for that guitar when I actually have the funds to put it together, not order it now and find out it doesn't fit the mockingbird and then keep it until I can afford the rest.
How would it not be for the "correct" scale length if I order a 27" scale neck? Oh, because the bridge is in a place for the 25" neck and it wouldn't work with more length added to the neck??? Why the hell is that?
So many questions...
Hmmm... Think it would be possible to order a mockingbird neck direct from BC Rich?
EDIT: I emailed them and am waiting for a response.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Ugh...

Warmoth baritone necks are SPECIFICALLY made to put onto 25.5" scale length guitars to put them into a baritone scale.

RESEARCH BEFORE SAYING IT WON'T WORK!!!

Sorry for being bitchy, but I just paid $9.95 for a program that used to be free and doesn't allow me to use a swing feel.... I'm very touchy atm.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Ugh...

Warmoth baritone necks are SPECIFICALLY made to put onto 25.5" scale length guitars to put them into a baritone scale.

RESEARCH BEFORE SAYING IT WON'T WORK!!!

Sorry for being bitchy, but I just paid $9.95 for a program that used to be free and doesn't allow me to use a swing feel.... I'm very touchy atm.

That was what I thought. They were confusing me. So i was right, I just need to find out if it will fit into the neck pocket properly.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
I wouldn't bother making it a baritone. If you want to downtune - justget thicker strings and set it up nicely, no?
Quote by highlordmugfug
That was what I thought. They were confusing me. So i was right, I just need to find out if it will fit into the neck pocket properly.

Yes.

And he can make it baritone if he damn well pleases. If you have a baritone scale then you don't have to use heavier strings because of the increased tension, you get FAR more precise intonation, notes ring out more clearly, the higher frets are actually easier to hit... There are SO many advantages to having a baritone if you're drop tuning. too man people who take their 25.5" scale guitars tune down to drop B or lower and get a muddy sound (some people actually know how to play the strings in those tunings AND EQ their amp so that they don't sound muddy though) because the scale length isn't suited. VERY few people own baritone guitars, and I personally wanna see and hear this axe after it's done.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by highlordmugfug
Any comments about agathis? Or (very importantly) any clue on whether or not a warmoth neck would fit in the cavity?

You can custom order one to your spec's
Quote by Shinozoku
Yes.

And he can make it baritone if he damn well pleases. If you have a baritone scale then you don't have to use heavier strings because of the increased tension, you get FAR more precise intonation, notes ring out more clearly, the higher frets are actually easier to hit... There are SO many advantages to having a baritone if you're drop tuning. too man people who take their 25.5" scale guitars tune down to drop B or lower and get a muddy sound (some people actually know how to play the strings in those tunings AND EQ their amp so that they don't sound muddy though) because the scale length isn't suited. VERY few people own baritone guitars, and I personally wanna see and hear this axe after it's done.

I like you.
Quote by jimRH7
I wouldn't bother making it a baritone. If you want to downtune - justget thicker strings and set it up nicely, no?

I want a baritone scale. I already have it in a low tuning with thick strings and have it all set up, I need better pickups and hardware and in addition to that I want the feel and other various benefits of a longer scale. I already have a 26.5" scale instrument and will be getting a 28.someodd" one in the end of Feb/Beginning of March. I want a baritone.
Quote by Dr. House
You can custom order one to your spec's

I was unaware, I will do that.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Last edited by highlordmugfug at Jan 21, 2009,
He means in terms of wood, fret type, inlays, etc. Unless you can now get them with neck joints made to your specs, which I didn't see on the site *goes to look again*

Okay, apparently you can get Strat and/or (?) Tele neck pocket sized. I guess you'd just have to compare the BC rich or find somebody who has both and is willing to compare. Really, I think they probably have similar pockets (the only ones on low end guitars like that I can think of that are different are Epiphone and maybe Ibanez).

Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Jan 21, 2009,
i dont know if your still talking (or thinking) about it but you should do the baritone. It would look pretty cool. Then change the pickups etc

You will need to move the bridge or buy a new one. If you have a look at Ormsby's multiscalesTM, same thing the bridge is angled. You can have the bridge like that (individual saddles) or you could have an angled tune o matic. Your choice
Quote by guitarcam123
i dont know if your still talking (or thinking) about it but you should do the baritone. It would look pretty cool. Then change the pickups etc

You will need to move the bridge or buy a new one. If you have a look at Ormsby's multiscalesTM, same thing the bridge is angled. You can have the bridge like that (individual saddles) or you could have an angled tune o matic. Your choice

Planning on getting a new one. I have a friend that has a strat and I can probably convince him to let me take the neck off of it and compare the fit.
Fiddles
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs