How many of you guys listen to ice earth? I just heard them last year searching around on limewire, I liked there technique and vocals, out of alot of metal band I particularly like this one. Although what do you guys think about some of the lyrics? The song damien for instance do you guys think there lyrics to this are antichrist? Or do you believe it's just telling a story or what? I reckon since it is from the album "The Horror Show" it has to have some speculations on hell and demons. Not that I'm to judge them since this is the first Iced Earth song I learned. Well get the post a rolling. Technique wise what do you guys think about Jon Schaffer v. Troy Seele?
Last edited by rebel624 at Jan 20, 2009,
Not you again. Didn't you pay any attention to what I said yesterday?
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Quote by rebel624
How many of you guys listen to ice earth? I just heard them last year searching around on limewire, I liked there technique and vocals, out of alot of metal band I particularly like this one. Although what do you guys think about some of the lyrics? The song damien for instance do you guys think there lyrics to this are antichrist? Or do you believe it's just telling a story or what? I reckon since it is from the album "The Horror Show" it has to have some speculations on hell and demons. Not that I'm to judge them since this is the first Iced Earth song I learned. Well get the post a rolling. Technique wise what do you guys think about Jon Schaffer v. Troy Seele?

Horror Show is an album full of songs based on horror movies, and yes it was based on The Omen.

Also, go to the ACTUAL Iced Earth thread to discuss.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Iced Earth is one of my favourite bands.they rock, they are METAL.I think i listened all songs from their discography.and the most lyrics are written by Jon Schaffer (the rhythm guitarist).Too bad that the band suffered many line-up changes, but i think that the most important thing that happenned to iced earth in the last time was that Matt Barlow is back in Iced Earth after 4 years of departure.THEY RULE
Last edited by StarChildSammy at Jan 20, 2009,
Where do idiots like rebel624 come from?
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

open
your
eyes
and
search.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
SEARCH BAR, ****.

Also, listen to Shah instead. **** off, Iced Earth fans, THAT'S how you abuse triplets in thrash.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by HelloHalo
SEARCH BAR, ****.

Also, listen to Shah instead. **** off, Iced Earth fans, THAT'S how you abuse triplets in thrash.

BOOOOO don't be mad cuz you cant gallop like them. If they didn't use this technique so much they wouldn't be recognized as badass gallopers!
Quote by rebel624
BOOOOO don't be mad cuz you cant gallop like them. If they didn't use this technique so much they wouldn't be recognized as badass gallopers!

But they're not. People just think Jon Schaffer is crap and hasnt really written anything interesting since the early nineties.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
ffs.

other thread shouldn't be hard to find. Its usually around the top few pages or so.
Why use the old thread when this one works just fine? Besides who hates on Jon Schaffer? Learn to play Jeckyl and Hyde and then tell me how crappy his music is. Thank you PLEASE come again. If you can't learn the intro at tempo within an hour, then my guess is your skills aren't well enough to make the judgment and Jon Schaffer is just awesome.
Last edited by rebel624 at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by rebel624
Why use the old thread when this one works just fine?

Why make a new thread when the old one works even better? I'm not gonna bother with the rest of that post.

Just fuck off.
Horror Show is a guilty pleasure of mine

But yeah, use the searchbar you fuckin monkey
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by rebel624
Why use the old thread when this one works just fine? Besides who hates on Jon Schaffer? Learn to play Jeckyl and Hyde and then tell me how crappy his music is. Thank you PLEASE come again. If you can't learn the intro at tempo within an hour, then my guess is your skills aren't well enough to make the judgment and Jon Schaffer is just awesome.

I like Iced Earth, but:
1. Why does someone have to be able to play their stuff to dislike them
and
2. What does the fact that it's hard have to do with anything?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
I like Iced Earth, but:
1. Why does someone have to be able to play their stuff to dislike them
and
2. What does the fact that it's hard have to do with anything?

1. Because who are we to judge if we aren't supreme?
2. Because we all know that the only good music is hard music.

That whole statement of his deserves a massive .
Quote by Taydr
1. Because who are we to judge if we aren't supreme?
2. Because we all know that the only good music is hard music.

That whole statement of his deserves a massive .

tr00 dat yo.

*Bleedidy bleedidy bloop*
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
on one hand, you're actually posting about a band that doesn't suck for once. on the other hand, you're still an idiot.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.