i'm going to spend this on guitar related stuff. my birthday is in march on the 21st. Last year for my birthday in total i got $400. so if this is the case this year ill have $800 because i have $400 at the moment to spend. i couldnt ask for a guitar for my birthday because i got my ibanez 6 months ago and got my tiny terror for christmas.

at the moment i have no pedals, an orange tiny terror combo and an ibanez rg350. So tell me, what do you think i should spend my money on (GUITAR RELATED, this is not weed money

seeing as my amp is orange and not marshall i could use a pedal like the BOSS metal zone. or perhaps new pick ups for my guitar? or trade in my current guitar and get an ibanez 1570 Prestige, which is the second nicest guitar i've played or any other guitar for that matter.

i play metal and bluesy rock mainly what comes to mind is metallica, led zeppelin, QotSA, Black Sabbath, AC/DC etc.

What do you think, im after some opinions
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
from some experience and from knowing musicians marshall aint great unless you buy top of the line marshall products otherwise its mediocre. as far as distortion instead of a metal zone get a metal muff Electro harmonix is WAY! better then Boss. besides a metal zone and a Metal muff are somewhere around the same price range about 100 bucks.
if you have money leftover from smaller guitar stuff, id suggest getting a bass , an acoustic, or just any other instrumet really. or just go crazy getting all these badass pedals which works too.lol
I don't see what the difference in amp brand makes to whether you can use a pedal or not.

If you are trying to find something to buy then you don't need to buy anything. When you know what you want then you should buy it, save up the money you have for a future amp or guitar.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Here is a thought: unless you feel there is something missing from your arsenal, you have a good job and this is your play money, or you are a kid with loaded parents..... save the money!
Quote by Horlicks
A floyd rose and some Bareknuckles.

this man is wise do as he says
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Get a few pedals. But like someone else said, an acoustic would be great if you don't already have one. There are some great ones under $300 .
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by GuitarDTO
Here is a thought: unless you feel there is something missing from your arsenal, you have a good job and this is your play money, or you are a kid with loaded parents..... save the money!

I know you are asking for guitar advice, but this is life advice, and this man is absolutely right.
buy a bass or a drum kit.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by GuitarDTO

second person to agree

but yeah, if you like the sound you can get out of your ibanez + Orange right now, why add/change anything?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Save the cash until you need it.

If you've got everything you need to play now, and you're happy with it, you don't need to buy anything.

Nothing is a good deal if you don't need it.
maybe just buy an overdrive pedal and save the rest of the money.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I wouldn't suggest getting a Boss Metal Zone, you'd be better off getting an overdrive pedal. On top of that an EQ pedal could be a good bet also, but other than those 2 save the money.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I have no ideas, but how does that tiny terror combo sound ? is it cool ?