I know it doesn't really matter but idk I just wasnt sure...would you say it was like grunge? or like indie rock? or like noise rock?

idk...

im pretty happy with it except for the vocals at the end which ill prob do again in the future...

(has only been making music for about a little over a year)

link in sig...its the first song "crescit eundo"
Last edited by blackmajik2021 at Jan 20, 2009,
id put it as alternative...elemnts of prog rock and noise rock tho, i love the sound tho!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
I'd say industrial rock. Don't change the vocals, I think they go well with the music. It's a little too repetitive though, especially the first 2 minutes. It could use a chorus or bridge in the middle. I like also the noise in the last few seconds.
Pretty nice work.
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
Last edited by tickler444 at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by tickler444
I'd say industrial rock. Don't change the vocals, I think they go well with the music.
It's a little too repetitive though, especially the first 2 minutes.

yeah the vocals are awesome. in the case of this guys comment, maybe do a middle-8 or mess with the melody for a few bars see what happens. just experiment!

EDIT: lol on the folk thing btw but I can actually see folk elements in it. the vocals are folky. Thing is I listen to hard rock mostly but when I come to write my music is a lot more melodic and slow; a bit more folky i might say
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Last edited by Andy2k64 at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by Andy2k64
yeah the vocals are awesome. in the case of this guys comment, maybe do a middle-8 or mess with the melody for a few bars see what happens. just experiment!

EDIT: lol on the folk thing btw but I can actually see folk elements in it. the vocals are folky. Thing is I listen to hard rock mostly but when I come to write my music is a lot more melodic and slow; a bit more folky i might say

thanks for the positives but what the heck is a middle-8

also...i screwed up and muted some guitar before bouncing the file to mp3 the short version of the song i just posted has the correct guitar (its right after the spoken word part, its more interesting)
Last edited by blackmajik2021 at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by blackmajik2021

also...i screwed up and muted some guitar before bouncing the file to mp3 the short version of the song i just posted has the correct guitar (its right after the spoken word part, its more interesting)

Yeah, that's pretty nice. For the long version, I'd cut the long spoken part about halfway through or at 2/3, depending on where your verses are ending, and put the instrumental section in there. Then you can carry on and finish with the vocals.
What I meant by repetitive is mostly the backing track. If you could do a slight variation for the intro and/or the solo, that would be an awesome track.
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
Last edited by tickler444 at Jan 20, 2009,
I love the tone man. Sounds awesome. Where are you getting the drum beats from?

Vocals suit it perfectly, I wouldn't get rid of them. I don't think it's repetitive. It's a great gradual build up. it could do with a nice bridge or something to separate it all up.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1050297
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
I guess I would say that the instrumentation is more of a grunge type thing but I'd classify it as alterative. I like the vocals but think it should be longer. I actually do remotley similar stuff to you. But that might just be becuase it seems like everything on here is metal instrumental stuff.

C4C

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1049270
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
I like it a lot, from your description I wasn't expecting much but this is really good. The vocals are very Agalloch, decent guitar tones, and the chord progression works really well in this context. Here is what I would say in terms of crit: people have been IDing this as grunge, and if you want to go in that direction, I would add at least one softer, slower section to the song, maybe a bridge, and then have it come back in at full blast. Those loud-soft dynamics can really sell a track like this.

C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1050928
Quote by blackmajik2021

lol i didn't know until like a week ago when I wrote a song and didn't know what to title a certain part. Its usually 8 bars and you use chords and melody different to the main melody of the song. It helps to keep people on their feet etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_8
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

ANDY!!!
Running Thoughts:
:03 nice intro with the radio/tv effect. fuzz/white noise is well done
:17 Tone on both guitars are nice. though the lead sounds a bit like its falling into tune with every note. I like it, its just different.
:29 The vocals arn't bad at all. distortion is just right. not to overdone and still able to understand what you are saying. bravo.
1:10 the guitar solo sounds good.
1:24 the fuzz crescendo is well done leading into the end. it creates a nice stopping point.

I would love it if this song was longer. maybe another verse and then repeat the first again? Perhaps adding a bridge would be nice. add some length. Really, I just didn't want it to end. If you feel like you can't add good content though, don't. It would just take away from the song, I am more than capable of hitting play again to get more lol.

The instrumentals are spaced well and sound great. Just curious, did you program the drums or are they live? Either way, they sound fantastic.

Lyrics are written and preformed well. I wouldn't change them (unless you are adding more!).

I am now going to listen to the rest of your stuff. Keep it up man.
-Ryan