Page 1 of 2
the cabinet i'm looking at has the choice of either stereo or mono
Quote by munk86
the cabinet i'm looking at has the choice of either stereo or mono

What cab is it specifically? It might be easier to figure out that way.
Quote by munk86
marshall 1960a

Then yes it should work. Just make sure both amps are 8 ohm.
Quote by munk86
is it possible to use two heads into cabinet with two inputs?

Yes it is, but NOT everyone is willing to do what it takes. No, I'm not talking about a stereo cabinet. I'm talking about an amp selector. (They are not cheap)

AMP SELECTORS ARE BACK!

Due to popular demand, CAE Amp Selectors are back in limited production quantities.

As part of the Custom Series, this is the popular "Version 1" style, which allows selection of up to 4 Tube amplifiers, and connects the amps to a common load speaker cabinet. Unused amps are protected, and of course, only one amp is allowed active at a time. Line Level output (rear panel) is also available (with Level Control) to allow for a "wet/dry" effects setup. A rear panel tuner output is also provided, and is active even when no amps are selected. All amp sends are transformer isolated to prevent ground loop hum. This unit is midi controlled (via Program Change Commands) and comes with a dedicated 4 switch Midi Foot Controller, and 20ft 4 pin xlr connection cable! As a bonus, the amp selector (via the footswitch) outputs the same program change commands to control effects processors, if necessary.

This is unit is part of the Custom Series, and is hand built to order by Bob Bradshaw, and is available direct from CAE only.

I have one in my rig and LOVE it
Last edited by zachman5150 at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by zachman5150
Yes it is, but NOT everyone is willing to do what it takes. No, I'm not talking about a stereo cabinet. I'm talking about an amp selector. (They are not cheap)

AMP SELECTORS ARE BACK!

Due to popular demand, CAE Amp Selectors are back in limited production quantities.

As part of the Custom Series, this is the popular "Version 1" style, which allows selection of up to 4 Tube amplifiers, and connects the amps to a common load speaker cabinet. Unused amps are protected, and of course, only one amp is allowed active at a time. Line Level output (rear panel) is also available (with Level Control) to allow for a "wet/dry" effects setup. A rear panel tuner output is also provided, and is active even when no amps are selected. All amp sends are transformer isolated to prevent ground loop hum. This unit is midi controlled (via Program Change Commands) and comes with a dedicated 4 switch Midi Foot Controller, and 20ft 4 pin xlr connection cable! As a bonus, the amp selector (via the footswitch) outputs the same program change commands to control effects processors, if necessary.

This is unit is part of the Custom Series, and is hand built to order by Bob Bradshaw, and is available direct from CAE only.

I have one in my rig and LOVE it

You're a little late
Quote by Horlicks
You're a little late

What do you mean?

Hello... Please clarify. Are you in a race?
so basically i'd just have to keep the amp on stereo for both heads to work
Quote by Horlicks
Holy crap, $1500?
You must be loaded.

You said, I was late. What did you mean? What, cat got your tongue

I do fine...

Quote by zachman5150
You said, I was late. What did you mean? What, cat got your tongue

I do fine...

I posted an amp selector in the second post.
That rig is awesome, how much is it worth?
Quote by Horlicks
I posted an amp selector in the second post.

I don't get it... Unless you were thinking that the suggestion that you made was the only one possible, which isn't correct.

Quote by Horlicks
That rig is awesome, how much is it worth?

Thank you. I like it.

The rigs value is around $30K +/- Retail
Ok zachman5150,
now do your typical double post and than post the pic of your god damn gear and than get the hell out like you always do

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
since two heads would work on stereo setting and 8 ohms.... would I still need an amp selector?
Quote by munk86
since two heads would work on stereo setting and 8 ohms.... would I still need an amp selector?

Things to consider doing it that way:

*Selecting which head you want to use, unless you're going to just have them both on simultaneously

*Using effects with both heads, if you're not going to just have them going into the front of each amp

*Effect send level from each amp to the input of your effects

*Ground loops

Quote by helsinki_vampir
Ok zachman5150,
now do your typical double post and than post the pic of your god damn gear and than get the hell out like you always do

Troll...

Zachman only posts here because him and his rig got banned from every post on HC, and I know your buthurt about that Zach.
Quote by iamtompublic
Zachman only posts here because him and his rig got banned from every post on HC, and I know your buthurt about that Zach.

You'll notice that my join date here is 2006

I did notice you didn't post anything on topic here, rather just a troll like comment to me though.

Way to contribute Skippy
Quote by zachman5150

You'll notice that my join date here is 2006

I did notice you didn't post anything on topic here, rather just a troll like comment to me though.

Way to contribute Skippy

Hey I'm just saying you only contributed on here after you got bant from HC, one post in 2006 and 2 in 2007, yet when you got bant you came over here.

Anyway, 2 head into 1 cab problem has been solved, zachman posts his rig AGAIN, end of thread.
Quote by iamtompublic
Hey I'm just saying you only contributed on here after you got bant from HC, one post in 2006 and 2 in 2007, yet when you got bant you came over here.

I'm saying that you're trolling me, and not contributing to the topic of the thread, and I am not sure why, but it appears that you have an issue with me.

So, out with it--if you are taking issue w/ the info I posted here, --what is it?

What is your problem w/ me?

You don't like my gear? That's fine--You don't have to use it.

Is it that You don't like that I post pics of it, and others like it?

What is it??? Rig envy

Is it because you say ignorant crap like this and I might call you on it

Quote by iamtompublic
No amp will ever be able to get cranked tones at bedroom level, not even a Zvex Nano...so why not just get the amp your want for live settings and use it at low volumes at home?

Here is a Mesa Boogie MKIII Coliseum 180 Watts at bedroom volumes, doing exactly what you claim can't be done

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/14-whitesnake_Mark_III.mp3
Quote by zachman5150
I'm saying that you're trolling me, and not contributing to the topic of the thread, and I am not sure why, but it appears that you have an issue with me.

So, out with it--if you are taking issue w/ the info I posted here, --what is it?

What is your problem w/ me?

You don't like my gear? That's fine--You don't have to use it.

Is it that You don't like that I post pics of it, and others like it?

What is it??? Rig envy

Is it because you say ignorant crap like this and I might call you on it

Nice....
Uptight and jumpy - jumping as hard as you can at the first sign of someone disaggreeing with you

Pompous/Arrogant - thinking you're a lot more important then you are

Spammer - displaying products, giving a long, well thought out gimmick for said product then providing a direct link (assuming this is for personal gain.. is it?)

Immature - calling someone ignorant and showing your own lack of mental capacity for detail trying to start a fight because of it for someone pointing out that you started posting here after a date, with your argument being your join date (join date has nothing to do with your personal activity)

I guess what I'm trying to say is...

*reported*
Zachman, stop being an arrogant prick. Just because you think you're right and post links to things that you think prove this, doesn't mean it's so.

Iamtompublic didn't troll you. He made no intention to display a belief that wasn't his own merely to rile you up.

It's impractical to post rack-mounted hardware on a site as casual as this. Very few people would have the funds or the requirement to purchase something like you posted.

And you don't have to be competing to be late.

And TS, I recommend Horlicks' link. It appears to be what you're looking for, without exceeding it excessively, and the price is likely to reflect that.

Dragonforce? I don't even know what that is. Isn't it that Japanese card game "Dragon Force Z"?
Quote by Tranx
Zachman, stop being an arrogant prick. Just because you think you're right and post links to things that you think prove this, doesn't mean it's so.

Calling names? Okay... If you are saying the info I posted was wrong, would you please show me how it was wrong?

Quote by Tranx
Iamtompublic didn't troll you. He made no intention to display a belief that wasn't his own merely to rile you up.

Yes, he did

Quote by Tranx
It's impractical to post rack-mounted hardware on a site as casual as this. Very few people would have the funds or the requirement to purchase something like you posted.

Perhaps, however; what I posted DOES meet the criteria of the TS... There was NO budget stipulated, AND someone surely isn't limited to inquiring about equipment that they are not yet in a position to obtain, are they? I know I was into gear when I was a kid, long before I could afford it.

Quote by _Sanitarium_
Nice....
Uptight and jumpy - jumping as hard as you can at the first sign of someone disaggreeing with you

What was the disagreement you're talking about?

Quote by _Sanitarium_
Pompous/Arrogant - thinking you're a lot more important then you are

How does making a suggestion for a product that the TS was asking about, suggest what you allege?

Quote by _Sanitarium_
Spammer - displaying products, giving a long, well thought out gimmick for said product then providing a direct link (assuming this is for personal gain.. is it?)

I am not associated with Custom Audio Electronics beyond being a client, who uses products which I believe in and use myself. THIS does not make me a spammer. I in no way profit from sales that Custom Audio Electronics makes.

Quote by _Sanitarium_
Immature - calling someone ignorant and showing your own lack of mental capacity for detail trying to start a fight because of it for someone pointing out that you started posting here after a date, with your argument being your join date (join date has nothing to do with your personal activity)

The ignorance was the conclusion that he came to re: why I post here

Quote by _Sanitarium_
I guess what I'm trying to say is...

*reported*

That is fine, I am not sure what the TOS violation is, but if I have in fact violated a rule... I would like to be shown which one, so I can refrain from making the same mistake again.

For the record, this is NOT an argument, rather an explanation.

I am sure that you guys with your name calling and intentional attacks appear to me, to be in violation of the following rules:

Flaming: There is a zero tolerance policy on flaming. All posts harassing, insulting, disrespecting, offending or showing attitude to another member will be met with a warn or ban depending on severity.

Trolling: Trolling is where you post intending to get a negative reaction or to start a flamewar. An example is posting 'all Fenders suck' without saying that it's your opinion or justifying it. This will be met with a warning or ban depending on severity and your track record.

Using discriminatory terms: Any use of terms such as 'retard' 'gay' 'homo' or '******' in a derogatory fashion will result in a warn or possibly ban.

Some of you guys sure are uptight...
Okay.

You're right.

I was wrong.

Happy?

There's no need to be condescending about it.

EDIT: He didn't troll you because his belief was entirely his own. "Yes he did" is not a valid explanation.

Dragonforce? I don't even know what that is. Isn't it that Japanese card game "Dragon Force Z"?
Last edited by Tranx at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by Tranx
Okay.

You're right.

I was wrong.

Happy?

There's no need to be condescending about it.

WOW, just wow

What was condescending? and what did you post that was deserving of respect?

Quote by Tranx
EDIT: He didn't troll you because his belief was entirely his own. "Yes he did" is not a valid explanation.

According to you-- a valid belief should be enough. And Why do you think I owe YOU an explanation for anything. I explained what I did out of courtesy, not obligation. According to the forum rules, the definition of Trolling is very different than yours. Perhaps you need your memory refreshed:

Trolling: Trolling is where you post intending to get a negative reaction or to start a flamewar. An example is posting 'all Fenders suck' without saying that it's your opinion or justifying it. This will be met with a warning or ban depending on severity and your track record.

I was just posting an answer to the TS' question, when some guys apparently got annoyed at the fact that some of the gear which does what the TS asked about was expensive, and that I own it and posted a picture.

But here you go: His 1st post in this thread

Quote by iamtompublic

Looks like a TOS violation to me and meets the definition of trolling, which I posted above for you.

Look, I'm not interested in arguing with you. Give it a rest already. You guys have hijacked the TS thread enough already, by flaming and trolling me.
I was only posting because I browse HC often and saw your rig about 50 times, I also enjoy posting here because it tends to be younger people with savings for gear about the same as my own and I get more practical advice.

Yet I am still seeing your ginormous rig in a thread to do with switching, no pictures needed, nobody asked for a picture someone just made a comment about your financial status.
I am going to make one attempt at this:

Guys, stop flaming zachman.
Zachman, learn to take some stuff at face value.

Any more flaming and I reckon this thread is going to be closed...
Quote by iamtompublic
I was only posting because I browse HC often and saw your rig about 50 times, I also enjoy posting here because it tends to be younger people with savings for gear about the same as my own and I get more practical advice.

Yet I am still seeing your ginormous rig in a thread to do with switching, no pictures needed, nobody asked for a picture someone just made a comment about your financial status.

So, what you're saying is you're uptight about my rig.

Well... Get over yourself

Quote by bartdevil_metal
I am going to make one attempt at this:

Guys, stop flaming zachman.

Thank you

Quote by bartdevil_metal
Zachman, learn to take some stuff at face value.

I thought my answer to the TS was doing EXACTLY that, taking his question at face value, which seemed to get some guys upset, with my answer--which had me defending attacks.

Quote by bartdevil_metal
Any more flaming and I reckon this thread is going to be closed...

Perhaps not a bad idea.

Peace I'm out of here
Heres pretty much the exact setup your looking for... And the poormans version of Zachs rig...

Two amps going into one cab ( Marshall 1960b in stereo)

My Chain
Guitar->Volume pedal->Wah->Tuner->Isp Decimator->LPB-1->Tripler *------>

--->Tripler-> Keeley Tubescreamer-> (6505+)-> 8ohm input on cab
--->Tripler-> Bad Monkey-> (Ampeg VH-140C)-> 8ohm input on cab

Loop contains Digitech stereo effects unit. So effects can be programed for either amp seperatly and MXR EQ is attached to the 6505+

*Tripler (selects up to three amps, each amp can be turned on or off independantly or together and it has a clean boost to regain singal loss from the split. Also effects placed before the Tripler effects both amps.)

Hope that helps...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Heres pretty much the exact setup your looking for... And the poormans version of Zachs rig...

Two amps going into one cab ( Marshall 1960b in stereo)

My Chain
Guitar->Volume pedal->Wah->Tuner->Isp Decimator->LPB-1->Tripler *------>

--->Tripler-> Keeley Tubescreamer-> (6505+)-> 8ohm input on cab
--->Tripler-> Bad Monkey-> (Ampeg VH-140C)-> 8ohm input on cab

Loop contains Digitech stereo effects unit. So effects can be programed for either amp seperatly and MXR EQ is attached to the 6505+

*Tripler (selects up to three amps, each amp can be turned on or off independantly or together and it has a clean boost to regain singal loss from the split. Also effects placed before the Tripler effects both amps.)

Hope that helps...

Those are actually pretty cool, but not designed to deal with using 2 amps through the same cab, isolating the load of the unused head. Of course you can use it that way (sort of), w/ a stereo cab, if optimizing the cab for each head is a low priority.

I is also a bit of a limit if you want to avoid having multiple A/B boxes to split effects going to both the front and in the loops of each amp.

Not trying to argue, rather clarify some features which may be worth clarifying, in the name of education

Again-- very cool little switcher
Bet Zachman wishes he had dice knobs.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Roc8995
Warnings handed out where necessary. Let's be civilized here.

F**k yeah roc!
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Zachman, you're forgetting this essential part of every mans rig.

Hey now, some of us are on a budget and can't deal with that high tech toob stuff
Page 1 of 2