Here's the deal. I need a high output super versatile diezass metal amp. I would love it if it had assignable presets and built in effects. I have around $2000-3000 but I can stretch if it really comes to that, no worries. Nowhere around where I live has a beast selection of amps like that so I need recommendations to scope out.

I'd say the closest metal tone to what I need is somewhere between Jeff Loomis off of Dead Heart in a Dead World and John Petrucci on Train of Thought

But like I said Versatility is a MUST. Also I am not really up on the new amps that came out this year and last so if any of those tickle your fancy in the way I am rollin for. Throw tha' **** my way

Peace and Metal help me out
Mesa Mark V in March. Petrucci's taking one on, it does everything. I think it's going to retail for $1999 for the head.
Presets ftl man, knowing how to dial in your own sound is a must. And versatility eh?
If you don't feel like waiting Mark IV, or the Bogner Uberschall(I think I spelt that wrong)

but just announced the Mesa Boogie Mark V, man. If I had 2000-3000 I'd so get that.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Try the Krankenstein, it's got huge amounts of gain and the "Kleen" channel doesn't suck ass!
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by WH15P3R
Try the Krankenstein, it's got huge amounts of gain and the "Kleen" channel doesn't suck ass!

No offense but please disregard this TS. If you got that much money for an amp and you want a Krank, than you must be smoking some good crank.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
ENGL E670 SE

Its THE most versatile high gain amp EVER built.

If you don't like that one, get a diezel VH4 or Herbert.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I meant assignable presets, so I can store a considerable amount of sounds easy as cake. I hate tap dancin on pedals and I dont think I can afford midi rack gear and all that nonsense right now, unless you can prove financially that its worth it
You don't want a modeling amp... Well you wont want a modeling amp... With that much money, buy yourself a nice Mesa or Marshall and some effects, it'll sound much better.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
again, I didnt say I wanted a modeling amp. But quite simply I like lots of effects, an really god dammn trippy ones in combination. I have been spoiled by my Johnson Millennium which is unfortunately not suitable for serious live usage
Quote by Thrashstermind
again, I didnt say I wanted a modeling amp. But quite simply I like lots of effects, an really god dammn trippy ones in combination. I have been spoiled by my Johnson Millennium which is unfortunately not suitable for serious live usage

Yeah, an amp with craploads of in built effects is basically just a modeling amp, which is why I said get a good amp and some pedals...
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
ENGL Powerball for loomis tone (his amp) very versitaile 4channel amp, will do petrucci too.

Mesa Mark V when it's released (Petrucci's soon to be amp) whole lotta knobs and switches will also do any sound you want

Check both amps in comparison ad get the one you like better, for your money there are aswell Diezel Herberts/VH4, Bogner Ubershall/SHIVAs or a Mesa Rectifier Roadking
I don't particularly care what its called, I'm just lookin for the very best of both worlds, ya know?

And I appreciate tons loads. So far the Engl looks pretty ****in Killdozin. but the Mark V? That has peaked my interest
Welcome to the wonderful world of GAS over specs. I wish it wasn't so overpriced in the UK.
Randall MTS. Check out the Treadplate and Grail modules for that Jeff Loomis Recto sound (as well as Petrucci's Road King sound, which may also require a couple of EL34s in the power section with the 6L6s). The RM100 loaded with modules will be about $1800, you can get a few more modules (the amp comes with 3, or you can get it without and order the modules separately based on your taste) for ~$200 each, and a used Mesa cab for $500ish.

And yeah, the Mesa Mark V is coming out soon, but since you're looking for Recto based tones I don't think it'll do what you want.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
ENGL SE or a Mark V

I'm not a mesa guy, but if you are into american voiced hi-gain than you'll eat this up. I have to give thier stilettos a try again...