Just wondering if there are any benifits of a reverse headstock. The only one I can think of is possibly less tension on the low E, since its longer, thus making it thicker and heavier. Anyone know?
Just a change in string tension. It depends on how you like the feel to be honest. I like both ways for different things.

They also look cool.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
personally i thought it was just visual, and just looked different, the ibanez ones look cool and so does jackson
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
I can't speak about the actual technical differences, but I can say they look damn cool...or at least Jackson's do...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I prefer the reverse-reverse headstocks
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
just looks pretty sweet imo. i love the look of the reverse headstock on my RG.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
meh, i find it more difficult to play rythm on my reverse headstock jackson than my flying V, so i guess i like standard better
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Really it depends on your guitar pickup positions but reversing the headstock on an electric guitar will make the tone different, take the best example, Jimi Hendrix with the Fenders. Instead of the original intended sound (as the pickups were back then and may still be tilted) for each of the strings. I believe the sound was for the high e to be very bright sounding and the low E to be darker in tone (or maybe it was the other way around?) and for the tones on each string be a little different. So reversing the headstock (or changing the nut and making the guitar a lefty) will change to tone making the high e darker sounding and the low E brighter sounding.
Originally posted by Beatallica_fan
next weeks installment, John tells us of the time he played in a band with Elvis's drummers, second cousins mother on harmonica and they invented grunge.
^^ actually Jimi's tone is different not cause the headstock but because when you take a right handed Strat, reverse it and play it left handed and string it left handed and leave the pickups as they are the angle of the bridge pickup is now reversed then on a regular Strat and the staggered pole pieces are now different too for their respected strings which makes a big different on the sound for both those things. It wasn't because of the reverse headstock.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Jan 20, 2009,
Yes, there will be a very slight difference in string tension due to the amount of string that needs to stretch. Of course it doesnt matter if you have a locking nut.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
The only one I know of is that they look incredibly badass. I played a reverse headstock strat, on Clearance at GC and it sounded absolutely beautiful. One of the most amazing sounding guitars I've ever played.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

There's no difference to the string tension...if there is you're out of tune.
Quote by DSOTM80
I prefer the reverse-reverse headstocks

icwutudidthar
SIGNATURE
There is no difference in reversing a headstock as far as tension and tone.

They just look cool and most reversed headstock guitars have a locking tremolo, which negates any activity beyond the nut. I like reversed headstocks because they make stringing and/or tuning more comfortable. Oh, and they look cool too!